Many University Village Marketplace businesses are offering discounts and other valuable specials on products and services, ranging from designer clothing to holiday catering, massages, and beauty services.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) November 27, 2009
Chicago area holiday shoppers looking to avoid traffic jams and crowded malls can still shop locally at University Village Marketplace, a mix of dining, retail and service offerings in the heart of Chicago’s historic Maxwell Street.
In advance of Black Friday, many of the area’s businesses began offering discounts and other valuable specials on products and services ranging from designer clothing to holiday catering, massages, and beauty services. Several offers continue well into 2010.
Details and downloadable coupons (required for many offers) are available at http://www.uvmarketplace.com/index.php/mkt/specials.
- Lissa on Maxwell, women’s clothing boutique with hard-to-find, fashion-forward pieces.
- Patterson Tax Services, also offering bookkeeping, payroll and tax attorney services.
- Food/beverage retailers Lush Wine & Spirits and Pop This! Popcorn Shop.
- Beauty service providers Great Clips, Halsted Tan and Spa, Paul Mitchell – The School Chicago, and Sean Patrick’s Salon and Spa.
- Restaurants Express Grill, Franconello Italian Restaurant, Hashbrowns, Jim’s Original Hot Dog, Junior’s Sports Lounge, Kohan Japanese Restaurant, Lalo’s Mexican Restaurant, Massa Cafe, Morgan’s on Maxwell, Perry’s Deli, Quiznos Sub, and Reggio’s Pizza. Junior’s Sports Lounge also will be hosting a $20 per person (in advance) New Year’s Eve celebration. For information visit http://www.juniorschicago.com.
- Healthcare providers ABC Pediatric Dentistry, Marketplace Vision, Maximum Rehabilitation Services Ltd., and National University of Health Sciences.
About University Village Marketplace
Located on the south campus of the University of Illinois at Chicago – and on the former site of the historic and renowned Maxwell Street "open air" market – University Village Marketplace is a unique and family-friendly shopping area composed of businesses, restaurants, taverns, retail outlets and service shops. Everything is conveniently dispersed along Halsted and Maxwell Streets, Roosevelt Road and Union Avenue.