Brookline, MA (PRWEB) December 1, 2009
For year-end 2009, myStockOptions.com (http://www.mystockoptions.com) has expanded and enriched its coverage of year-end financial planning as never before. While stock markets have recovered during 2009, the potential for further market volatility leaves no room for error with year-end planning for stock options, restricted stock, and other types of stock compensation. The market downturn of 2008-2009, the volatility of the partial recovery since then, and the likelihood of tax-rate changes ahead under President Obama have given employees and executives some unusual factors and issues to consider.
Exclusive Commentary From Financial Advisors
Available free to all registered users, a new article on myStockOptions.com presents compelling firsthand planning insight and expertise from financial advisors across the United States: "In Their Own Words: Financial Advisors On Strategies For Stock Options And Company Stock Holdings At Year-End 2009 And Beyond." The advisors present planning ideas for year-end 2009 and beyond that they are deploying now to save taxes for clients and better position them as the market recovery continues.
A Bigger And Better Year-End Planning Section
In addition, myStockOptions.com has expanded its section Financial Planning: Year-End to provide a wealth of up-to-the-minute educational content on issues, choices, and innovative strategies at year-end 2009. Articles include in-depth discussions by experts plus an exclusive feature presenting planning tips from top financial advisors around the United States.
- Stockbrokers' Secrets (Part 3): Year-End Planning For NQSOs, Restricted Stock, And RSUs by W.E.B. Bantling and Michael Beriss
- Year-End Strategies For Restricted Stock: Ideas To Consider In 2009 by Bruce Brumberg
- Ten Ideas For Year-End Tax Planning With Stock Options And Company Stock
- How Tax Rate Changes Impact Stock Grant Strategies (Parts 1, 2, and 3) by Stanely Trotta and Bob Gordon
- Stockbrokers' Secrets (Part 7): Year-End Planning For ISOs</a> by W.E.B. Bantling and Michael Beriss
Questions answered in the year-end section include:
- What are year-end strategies for stock options, stock appreciation rights, and restricted stock?
- Should the likelihood of tax-rate increases affect year-end strategies?
- How do employees harvest capital losses against capital gains from company stock holdings?
- Are there strategies for using capital-loss carry-forwards from prior years?
- What risks are posed by the wash sale rule?
- What year-end strategies can help to minimize alternative minimum tax with incentive stock options?
- How do tax-law changes in 2008 and 2009, including refundable AMT credits and stimulus rebates, affect year-end planning?
- How can employees save taxes on company stock by making gifts and donations, including those to private foundations or grantor-retained annuity trusts?
- All of these questions and many more are answered in the section Financial Planning: Year-End Planning.
Corporate Licensing Available
All the content on myStockOptions.com is ideally suited for licensing by companies and stock plan providers for their stock plan participants. A customized version of the website's award-winning content can be seamlessly woven into companies' HR, benefits, and/or compensation portals. Accessible through any internet browser, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, licensed content from myStockOptions.com lets stock plan participants answer their own questions about their stock grants whenever they need to learn more--saving time for the stock plan staff and costs for the company. For more information, visit http://www.mystockoptions.com or call 617-734-1979.
With exclusive articles, 750+ FAQs, the Tax Center, Global Tax Guide, an extensive glossary, and interactive tools, myStockOptions.com is the premier online resource of educational content, tools, and self-study courses on stock options, restricted stock, restricted stock units, performance shares, stock appreciation rights, and employee stock purchase plans. myStockOptions.com is written and managed by leading experts in equity compensation, and is produced by a company with a long history of successful publications explaining complex legal and financial subjects in plain English.
The influential consumer magazine PC World ranks myStockOptions.com among "the most useful sites ever" that "deliver top-notch information, support, and services." The accounting journal CPA Wealth Provider selected myStockOptions.com among companies "that have taken the lead through innovation, efficiency, initiative, or growth in the financial-planning area." The Specialized Information Publishers' Foundation honored MSO Pro with one of its Editorial Excellence Awards in the category of Best Interactive Content among niche publishers. The innovative Comparison Modeling Tool on myStockOptions.com is now patented.
myStockOptions.com has also received extensive favorable coverage in major publications, including BusinessWeek, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, the San Francisco Chronicle, and The Boston Globe, and on CNN, National Public Radio, PBS, Money.com, and MarketWatch.com.
For more information, please contact Bruce Brumberg or Matt Simon at 617-734-1979.