I encourage other search marketers to sharpen their game, because I fully intend to defend my title.
San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) December 1, 2009
Marin Software (https://www.marinsoftware.com ), provider of the leading enterprise-class paid search management application for advertisers and agencies, and Search Marketing Expo - SMX West today announced the launch of the second annual Biggest Search Geek Contest.
The Biggest Search Geek Contest is designed to recognize the most knowledgeable and capable experts in the field of search engine marketing. Last year more than 1,700 individuals participated in the contest to challenge their peers and prove their search marketing prowess. This year's contest prizes include a free trip for two to SMX West in Santa Clara. The thought-provoking and challenging contest is available at http://www.biggestsearchgeek.com .
- The SMX Biggest Search Geek Contest sponsored by Marin Software is open to anyone who can answer 20 tough questions about the ins-and-outs of search marketing. The winner will receive a free trip for two people to SMX West in Santa Clara, California, March 2-4, 2010. The prize includes round-trip airfare, hotel accommodations, and passes to SMX West 2010 for the winner and a travel companion. The winner will also receive an award on stage from SMX West chair and Search Engine Land editor-in-chief Danny Sullivan, and will gain national recognition as the Biggest Search Geek.
- The winner of the SMX Biggest Search Geek Contest will be chosen based on who answers the most questions correctly in the least amount of time. Search marketing experts have until February 19, 2010 at 11:59pm PST to take the timed questionnaire. The winner will be notified on February 22, 2010. The top 50 runner-ups answering the most correct questions in the shortest amount of time will each receive a "Search Geek" recognition award from Marin Software. Of the 50 contestants, the top 10 will receive a premium membership to Search Engine Land.
- Last year, nearly 1,700 search marketers entered the contest. The grand prize was awarded to Keri Morgret, a seasoned search professional and non-profit website manager who was officially crowned the "Biggest Search Geek in America" - with a top score of 76.8%.
- "Paid search is one of the most effective and measurable forms of marketing but it can be extremely complex, time-consuming and challenging," said Chris Lien, chief executive officer of Marin Software. "We developed the Biggest Search Geek contest to recognize the top experts in the field who make search marketing campaigns successful for the brands and agencies they work for every day."
- "We're looking forward to crowning the SMX Biggest Search Geek and working with contest sponsor Marin Software for the second year in a row," said Danny Sullivan, editor-in-chief of Search Engine Land. "We'll see if last year's contestants are up to the challenge, as well as new contenders who will undoubtedly come out this year to take a shot at the title."
- "The Biggest Search Geek contest is a great way to recognize those of us in the industry that live and breathe search marketing," said Keri Morgret, the reigning Biggest Search Geek who last year outsmarted more than 1,700 fellow competitors. "I encourage other search marketers to sharpen their game, because I fully intend to defend my title."
About Marin Software: https://www.marinsoftware.com
About Biggest Search Geek Contest: http://www.biggestsearchgeek.com
About Search Marketing Expo - SMX West: http://searchmarketingexpo.com/west
About Marin Software:
Marin Software provides an enterprise-class paid search management application for advertisers and agencies. Marin Search Marketer®, designed for those spending at least $100,000 monthly on paid search, addresses the workflow, analysis, and optimization needs of large-scale advertisers and agencies, saving time and improving financial performance. Over 150 companies, including many of the world's largest interactive agencies and advertisers, use Marin Search Marketer to manage more than $700 million of annual paid search spend.
About Search Marketing Expo - SMX West and Third Door Media:
SMX West features sessions just for you, whether you are just starting out in search or looking for advanced tactics, work on an in-house SEM team, hail from an agency, or own your own business.
Attend SMX West for:
- Exceptional content so compelling, you'll want to implement what you've learned before leaving the conference. Super-charged sessions on PPC, SEO, local search, search friendly design and social media marketing will help you succeed today, tomorrow and in the future.
*Invaluable connections made possible by the ultimate mix of structured networking opportunities and social events. SMX makes it easy to make new contacts and exchange ideas with industry thought leaders and colleagues.
- Essential conveniences to help you juggle your every-day responsibilities while maximizing your conference time: always-available and free Wi-Fi; hot lunches, snacks and beverages all day; access to all presentations and tools to plan your custom itinerary.
The Search Marketing Expo - SMX conference series is produced by Third Door Media, Inc. Third Door Media's mission is to empower internet and search marketing professionals by providing trusted content and community services they need to be successful. Search Marketing Expo conferences are held around the world and include: SMX West (Santa Clara, CA), SMX East (New York City), SMX Advanced Seattle (Seattle, WA), SMX Advanced London (England), SMX Munich, SMX Sydney, and SMX Stockholm. See the complete list at http://searchmarketingexpo.com.
Third Door Media publishes Search Engine Land, the leading search marketing news and analysis site. The company also produces Search Marketing Now, a lead-generation marketing solution for suppliers of SEM-related products and services, and operates Sphinn.com, a social news site that allows search and internet marketers to share news stories, participate in subject-specific discussion forums, and build their professional networks.