Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) December 1, 2009
Lumension, a global leader in endpoint management and security, today unveiled its new Lumension® Endpoint Management and Security Suite (LEMSS) that will be delivered as part of the Lumension® Endpoint Management Platform and enable organizations to optimize their security and compliance posture while achieving greater agility, performance and reduced TCO. Lumension Endpoint Management and Security Suite provides a holistic approach to managing endpoint security through its single, integrated Web console, extensible single agent architecture and comprehensive asset discovery to help organizations harmonize and streamline existing workflows while reducing overall complexity.
The core management and architecture of Lumension Endpoint Management and Security Suite delivers key enhancements across a powerful set of capabilities, including:
- Redesigned and intuitive workflow-based management console for easier, smarter navigation
- Enhanced asset discovery for full network visibility and continuous control
- An extensible single agent architecture with improved, control and deployment
- Advanced implementation support for remote SQL, Windows 2008, and Windows 7
The initial release includes two of the company’s leading product modules — Lumension® Patch and Remediation and Lumension® Security Configuration Management with plans to release additional product offerings in 2010.
Lumension Patch and Remediation
Newly enhanced Lumension Patch and Remediation reduces corporate risk and optimizes IT operations by accurately and proactively eliminating vulnerability risks across all operating systems and applications. Lumension Patch and Remediation additionally delivers operational capabilities targeted at reducing the complexity and cost of endpoint management, including power policy management, software deployment and removal, desktop configuration templates and custom task scripting support. In addition, Lumension Endpoint Management and Security Suite key capabilities delivered in Lumension Patch and Remediation will include:
- A single, intuitive management console for easy patch and remediation administration across multiple platforms, including Windows, Unix, Linux and Mac OS, as well as many other applications.
- Visibility and control of both physical and virtual environments with effective management at a significantly reduced TCO.
- Automated policy baselines to ensure that patches, configurations, remediations, and other custom and repetitive tasks are continuously and automatically enforced.
- Policy enforcement to reduce desktop and system power consumption.
- Integration with Network Access Control (NAC) solutions to remediate ‘non-compliant’ machines to a compliant state before granting access to the corporate network.
Lumension Security Configuration Management
Lumension Security Configuration Management ensures that endpoints are securely configured and in compliance with industry best practices and regulatory mandates. Lumension SCM provides continuous assessment of policy templates including Microsoft Windows Security Guides, NIST Special Publication 800-68, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), National Security Agency (NSA) and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Federal Desktop Core Configurations (FDCC).
“According to a recent Worldwide State of the Endpoint Survey 2010 by the Ponemon Institute, three of the IT security risks for 2010 were insider risks, insufficient budget resources and increasing complexity due to the lack of integration between endpoint operations and security technologies,” said Mike Wittig, president and CTO of Lumension. “In the face of increasing pressure to drive efficiency, security and optimization, organizations are responding by adding on technologies to solve new threats and compliance issues. This proliferation of technologies continues to further increase technical complexity and costs.”
“Lumension’s charter is to provide a unique approach to endpoint management and security by unifying operations and security tools under a single architecture to help organizations manage IT risks, optimize security and compliance posture, and reduce complexity and costs.”
Lumension Endpoint Management Platform provides a flexible and scalable architecture that allows organizations to achieve lower TCO, greater agility and enhanced security and compliance posture through consolidation, optimization and automation. This new platform will deliver the following:
- Trust-Centric Model for Comprehensive Endpoint Protection
- Scalable, Single Agent Architecture Provides Agility and Efficiency
- Enhanced Operations and Assurance via Unified Relational Content and Integrity Services
- Lumension Endpoint Management and Security Suite for Reduced TCO and Complexity
Lumension is planning on delivering upgrade options to existing customers beginning in Q1 2010. For more information, please visit the Lumension Endpoint Management Security Suite.
- Free trial of Lumension® Endpoint Management Security Suite
- Lumension® Endpoint Management Platform Strategy
- Optimal Security Blog
About Lumension Security, Inc.
Lumension Security, Inc., a global leader in endpoint management and security, develops, integrates and markets security software solutions that help businesses protect their vital information and manage critical risk across network and endpoint assets. Lumension enables more than 5,100 customers worldwide to achieve optimal security and IT success by delivering a proven and award-winning solution portfolio that includes Vulnerability Management, Endpoint Protection, Data Protection, and Reporting and Compliance offerings. Lumension is known for providing world-class customer support and services 24x7, 365 days a year. Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Lumension has operations worldwide, including Virginia, Texas, Utah, Florida, Luxembourg, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Spain, Australia, and Singapore. Lumension: IT Secured. Success Optimized.™ More information can be found at lumension.com.
Lumension, the Lumension logo, and the tagline “IT Secured. Success Optimized.” are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lumension Security, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.