Dublin, CA (PRWEB) December 15, 2009
Marketstrat is pleased to announce the release of a new report titled, “Incontinence Devices Markets Worldwide.” The report specifically addresses world markets for clinical devices used to treat and manage urinary incontinence.
The global UI devices market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 4 percent between 2008 and 2016, reaching about $2 billion by the end of 2016. This is despite the fact that the UI market is one of the most under-penetrated medical markets. About 30% of women all over the world are affected, yet about two thirds of cases are estimated to remain undiagnosed. Although a wide variety of treatment options are available, from medication and exercise to surgery, patients largely remain unaware or feel too uncomfortable to seek medical help. This is by far the biggest restraint in the urinary incontinence device market. However, changing demographics and campaigns to raise awareness of UI treatments are expanding market opportunities in this segment. Reimbursement is available in full or part in many countries. With growing numbers of elderly around the world and increasing rates of chronic conditions that lead to incontinence, the demand for minimally invasive, cost-effective UI devices is going to increase in the foreseeable future.
Some of the important trends in the UI market are:
- Growing awareness about treatment options for UI has been spurring an increase in the rates of diagnosis.
- Popularity of slings has been growing; however recent reports of complications form vaginal mesh slings led to FDA warnings about their use.
- There is high demand for technologically advanced, cost-effective options that work longer than current options such as bulking agents and slings for mild and moderate UI.
- The market has generally slowed down over the past year due to the economic slump, especially in the US, which constitutes the biggest share of the UI market.
- The emerging medical markets of Asia, Latin America and the Middle East have been growing and will have the best opportunities for UI devices in the long run.
There are only a handful of companies in that provide the technologically advanced UI devices and multiple providers of drainage products. Leading providers of UI devices are American Medical Systems, C.R. Bard, Ethicon, Hollister, Medtronic and Uroplasty. This Marketstrat report provides sales estimates and forecasts for 2008-2016 for different types of UI devices including artificial sphincters, urethral bulking agents, male slings, female slings, neuromodulators and urine drainage products (cathters and drainage bags). The report also discusses global market shares, technological and clinical trends as well as market size and forecasts in US dollars for 2008 to 2016. Data is segmented by product category and by geographical segment, namely the US, Europe, Japan and the ROW.
For more details on this report please click here.
About Marketstrat, Inc.
Marketstrat assists companies with market, technology, and best practice strategies & intelligence, through a unique combination of published reports, solutions, and services. Our market research reports and analysis offerings can help companies capitalize on market opportunities and gain competitive advantage in the global medical device market place. Marketstrat’s strengths include: a deep understanding of the medical devices value chain, state-of-the-art data collection tools, and robust research methodology.
Marketstrat® is a registered trademark of Marketstrat, Inc.
# # #