Urban Interns (PRWEB) December 2, 2009 -
time jobs and internships, locally and virtually, has released its Trend and Insight Report for the most recent month. This report, including data from August through November 2009, indicates, among other things, a rise in the percentage of paid positions on the website month-over-month.
The Urban Interns website provides the opportunity to observe employment trends in the small business community and insight regarding those seeking positions in this niche of the job market.
The data and analysis contained in these reports is based on posted positions on the Urban Interns website as of the end of the month.
A few key highlights:
- Nearly half (49%) of the positions posted on the site were paid, up from (36%) in August and (41%) in October.
- The internet category continues to lead in hiring, but we note that more companies increasingly have a presence on the web and therefore fall into that category more frequently. Professional services firms also continue to lead in hiring.
- The general area of marketing continues to be the main focus of hiring for small businesses, and social media specifically remains the top task
- Given that the overall percentage of paid jobs on Urban Interns has increased and the concentration of hiring in internet businesses, marketing and professional services, we believe these categories are indicating signs of economic optimism.
- Approximately one-third of the positions posted on Urban Interns are purely virtual, indicating that the trend of small business owners hiring virtual help continues.
Please see the below data from November, and see the attached file for details going back to August 2009.
% Paid Positions: 49%
% Virtual Positions: 34%
- Business services
- Sales/business development
- Social media
- Business development
- Email marketing
**This analysis is based on posted positions on the Urban Interns website as of the end of each month. It does not include any positions that have been removed during the course of the month.