Georgetown, TX (PRWEB) December 2, 2009
WHAT: Preview state-of-the-art alternative fuel technologies for fleet vehicles and refueling infrastructure. Hear industry leaders from AmeriGas, Clean Cities Coalition, CleanFUEL USA, ConocoPhillips, Roush and more to discuss latest developments, benefits and economics of propane. The half day event includes a series of educational sessions and an address by Houston Mayor Bill White, ending with a Ride & Drive for fleet managers to test drive a variety of clean propane-powered vehicles. To register and find more information please visit http://www.thinkgreenthinkpropane.com.
WHEN: Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2009 from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. CST
WHERE: Reliant Park, Houston, TX
Propane for Fleets
- CleanFUEL USA designs alternative fuel engine and refueling solutions that allows public and private fleets to take advantage of the cost and environmental benefits of propane.
- It recently announced a new 6.0L engine to covert OEM light-duty gasoline-powered vehicles, (e.g. passenger vans, shuttle buses, walk-in vans, utility and service vehicles) to operate on propane. When the 6.0L is made generally available early next year, it will be the first dedicated, GM light-duty propane engine to be EPA and CARB (California Air Resources Board) certified.
- A non-toxic gas, propane yields 87 percent less hydrocarbons and 50 percent fewer toxins than gasoline. It is an ideal fleet fuel because of its ecological qualities and cost-efficiency compared to other petroleum-based fuels, roughly 40-50 percent less than gasoline/diesel per gallon.
- Propane (also known as Autogas) powers roughly 14 million cars and trucks worldwide, and is gaining domestic popularity with government incentives.
- The Department of Energy granted $12.9 million to CleanFUEL USA to build the nation's first and largest propane refueling network with 186 state-of-the-art Autogas stations in major U.S. cities.
About CleanFUEL USA
Founded in 1993, CleanFUEL USA is a recognized leader in certified and approved alternative fuel dispensing equipment for propane and E85, and the development of liquid propane injection systems for light to medium duty fleet vehicles. The company distributes OEM and aftermarket engine fuel systems, fleet management network services, and associated technical support, training and fuel contract services. CleanFUEL USA is a registered trademark of CleanFUEL Holdings, Inc. Headquartered in Georgetown, Texas, CleanFUEL USA has sales, engineering, and operations facilities in Michigan, California, Kansas and Florida as well as international offices in New Delhi, India and Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Lois Paul & Partners