Our website is an extension of our organization and one of the key ways in which we can serve individuals with food allergies and those who care for them.
Fairfax, VA (Vocus) December 4, 2009
The Internet’s foremost authority on food allergies, http://www.foodallergy.org , has been completely transformed with a new look and functionality that provides greatly improved usability for visitors including the newly diagnosed, professionals, and members of the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN).
- The Internet’s go-to source for information about food allergies http://www.foodallergy.org, has been completely transformed with a new look and functionality, providing greatly improved usability.
- FAAN’s enhanced website will feature personal stories authored by members of the food-allergic community, allergy-friendly recipes, and tips and strategies for managing food allergies.
- The much-anticipated website redesign by FWV Distilled now features a “members only” section where FAAN members can browse through a recipe database and check the archives of FAAN’s bimonthly newsletter, Food Allergy News.
- As always, this content is comprised of the most current information on food allergies and anaphylaxis, which has been vetted by medical advisors.
- New additions to the website include sections for health professionals and school professionals that feature helpful resources and tools for effective food allergy management.
- Visitors to the website now have the ability to find a local support group with an easy look-up tool.
- Connecting with FAAN on Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and YouTube is simple on our website.
- Our website is an extension of our organization and one of the key ways in which we can serve individuals with food allergies and those who care for them. We are thrilled to unveil the newly redesigned website, where people can educate themselves about food allergies and find strategies for effective food allergy management.
~Julia Bradsher, CEO of FAAN
- The new website has received an overwhelmingly positive response from Facebook and Twitter users. Comments have included:
- “This new site is fabulous, a wonderful improvement! Thank you!”
- “Love the new site. Nice and bright and easy to find things! Thank you!”
- “New site looks FAAN-tastic :). Congratulations. Can't wait to read through more.”
- Founded in 1991 by Anne Muñoz-Furlong, the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN) is the world leader in information about food allergy, a potentially life threatening medical condition that afflicts approximately 12 million Americans, or one out of every 25. A nonprofit organization based in Fairfax, Va., FAAN has approximately 27,000 members in the U.S., Canada, and 58 other countries. It is dedicated to increasing public awareness of food allergy and its consequences, to educating people about the condition, and to advancing research on behalf of all those affected by it. FAAN provides information and educational resources about food allergy to patients, their families, schools, health professionals, pharmaceutical companies, the food industry, and government officials.