PHP is now widespread in many enterprises and this update to Zend Studio helps streamline team development processes.
Cupertino, CA (PRWEB) December 4, 2009
Zend Technologies, Inc., the PHP Company, today announced the immediate availability of Zend Studio 7.1, which adds significant new capabilities to the company’s overall PHP solution. Designed to further improve developer productivity, Zend Studio 7.1 features new support for task-focused development, easy remote server synchronization, and support for PHP Archives (PHAR), in addition to previously announced support for PHP version 5.3 and deeper integration of the solution with Zend Framework and Zend Server.
Zend Studio is the only integrated development environment (IDE) for PHP that provides a complete, professional-grade workbench built on the Zend-led open source Eclipse PHP Development Tools (PDT) project, currently the most downloaded Eclipse project. Zend Studio customers benefit from the huge ecosystem of plug-in solutions available in the Eclipse community. The combined set of capabilities provides a solution that maximizes productivity for developers while providing the integration to Zend Framework and Zend Server that enterprises require.
“PHP is now widespread in many enterprises and this update to Zend Studio helps streamline team development processes by providing additional benefits for developers building dynamic, professional-grade PHP applications,” said Andi Gutmans, CEO and co-founder of Zend Technologies. “Zend Studio is the only professional IDE for PHP that leverages the Eclipse ecosystem and together with Zend Framework and Zend Server provides a solution that addresses the entire lifecycle—development to production—for PHP-based Web applications.”
Zend Studio 7.1 adds features and enhancements to ease development tasks and increase developer productivity. New features in Zend Studio 7.1:
- Task-focused programming - By providing integration with the highly successful Eclipse Mylyn project, Zend Studio 7.1 lets developers be more productive by reducing information overload when switching between development tasks. Developers manage their work more effectively by identifying project elements – such as files, classes, and functions – related to a specific development task and displaying just those elements needed for the task at hand.
- Remote server support - By providing a simplified workflow that supports easy synchronization of project files to a remote server, developers can write code, debug, and test in environments that closely match the production environment eliminating many common cross platform errors early in the lifecycle.
- PHAR (“PHP Archive”) support - By providing support for the emerging PHAR technology, developers can group project files into a single file that simplifies distribution and installation of complete PHP applications.
- Plus numerous fixes and other software updates to enhance the stability and speed of Zend Studio.
In addition, Zend Studio 7.0, released mid-summer, has key features that include:
- Support for PHP 5.3 - Zend Studio 7.0 is a complete IDE for the new PHP version 5.3. Zend Studio’s support for 5.3 features makes for easier maintenance and more concise code with code assist, new syntax highlighting, and new language features in PHP 5.3, such as namespaces and closures, which allow programmers to better organize their code and use more dynamic coding patterns.
- Point-and-click Zend Framework coding - Better integration with Zend Framework, the leading PHP development framework, delivers more productive engineering with rapid application development (RAD) programming, enabling point-and-click creation of standards-based, customizable, professional-grade Zend Framework applications.
- Enhanced integration with Zend Server - Zend Studio 7.0’s support for Zend Server—Zend’s Web application server for deploying, managing, and monitoring PHP Web applications—delivers significantly faster and more reliable software. Zend Server maximizes PHP application reliability, security, and performance in the enterprise with ongoing application monitoring, security fixes, product updates, and event notifications.
For more information about the new features and functionality in Zend Studio 7, please visit http://www.zend.com/products/studio
About Zend Technologies
Zend Technologies, Inc., the PHP Company, is the leading provider of products and services for developing, deploying, and managing business-critical PHP applications. PHP runs 35 percent of the world’s Web sites and has quickly become the most popular language for building dynamic Web applications. Deployed at more than 30,000 companies worldwide, the Zend family of products is a comprehensive platform for supporting the entire lifecycle of PHP applications. Zend is headquartered in Cupertino, California.
For more information, please visit http://www.zend.com or call +1 408-253-8800.
Zend, Zend Technologies, Zend Framework, Zend.com, Zend Server, and Zend Studio, and associated logos and icons, are trademarks of Zend Technologies, Inc. and may be registered in certain jurisdictions. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
# # #