Personal Injury Attorney Aaron Sachs Sponsors Seasonal Helmet Giveaway to Protect Local Youth and Promote Holiday Safety

Share Article

Aaron Sachs & Associates, P.C. sponsors bicycle helmet giveaway in Joplin, MO. In 10 years the firm with offices in Springfield, Joplin, Columbia and Cape Girardeau MO has given away over 18,000 helmets.

Aaron Sachs is pleased to join with KODE and sponsor a seasonal helmet giveaway for Joplin, Mo. and surrounding communities.The Holidays are, of course, a time of giving. And for many young people, the gift is a bicycle, a skateboard, or scooter. A safety helmet is an essential gift to be given along with those Christmas presents.    

“Helmets save lives,” says attorney Aaron Sachs, whose law firm sponsors safety programs to prevent accidents regularly during the year. It has become a local Joplin tradition for the Sachs personal injury law firm to join withKODE to fit bicycle helmets and give them free of charge to children at Christmas. "On average, nationwide, only 5% of children wear a properly fitted helmet; which means the other 95% either don’t wear a helmet at all, or wear one which is not custom-fitted, which is potentially just as dangerous. Too often children are unsupervised on the streets and in driveways, without head-protection."

According to Sachs, there is a U.S. brain-injury accident every 15 seconds. In 75% of the 800 cases of young people who are killed by colliding with cars in the U.S. each year, brain injury is the primary cause of death. "The importance of helmet safety is that most of those injuries and deaths could have been prevented by wearing a helmet," Sachs says. "In fact, 85% of those fatal and life-altering brain injuries could be avoided simply by putting on a helmet before going out for a ride. It's simple common sense."

Aaron Sachs and Associates' helmet program is in its tenth year, and the firm has handed out over 18,000 safety helmets to children. To find out how you can receive a free helmet watch ”Legally Speaking” onKODE during the Sunday night news on December 6 th and 13th, or come by Aaron Sachs' Joplin law office located at 3101 McClelland Boulevard, Joplin, MO. Supplies are limited, so helmets are available on a “first-come, first-served” basis.

Aaron Sachs and Associates personal injury law offices are located in Joplin, Springfield, Columbia and Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Their community-service outreach program is covered in much greater detail on their website: http://www.autoinjury.com/areas-of-practice/joplin-office under the "community service" header.

####

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Visit website