(PRWeb UK) December 11, 2009
A Bloomin’ Great Tea party ‘with a Christmas twist’ was hosted by Heritage Hideaways this week, raising a grand total of £651 for Marie Curie Cancer Care.
The event, hosted at the Heritage Hideaways office near Southwold, was attended by business colleagues, owners of holiday cottages in the local area and many friends of the staff.
Marion Anthony, owner of the Suffolk holiday cottage business, has supported Marie Curie fundraising events in the past, as well as other initiatives to raise money for people affected by cancer, including the Macmillan World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
‘Marie Curie provides tremendous support for the families of those with cancer and does so much to help cancer patients themselves, said Marion. ‘It is a cause close to my heart.’
Supported by the generosity of Mary Goodrich, a local chef, and the Randolph Hotel in Reydon, visitors were treated to a delicious spread of carrot cake, chocolate brownies, cup cakes and sausage rolls, washed down with copious cups of tea.
Phoenix Trading added to the festive feel, with a display of Christmas cards, wrapping paper and other Christmas stationery, and a Christmas raffle for a luxury hamper was held, and won by a delighted Trish Hart.
Marion said: ‘We’re delighted by today’s successful fundraising and extend a huge thank you to all who attended the event and made a donation.’
Notes to Editors:
- Heritage Hideaways, the Suffolk holiday cottages specialist, markets and manages high-quality holiday cottages throughout Suffolk and Norfolk. With 85 properties on its books, the company has seen a 244% growth in bookings across the last four years.
- Heritage Hideaways’ Suffolk holiday cottages are based in the seaside resorts of Southwold, Walberswick, Aldeburgh and Thorpeness, with Norfolk holiday cottages dotted across the County from Hunstanton to Sheringham, as well as at the heart of the Norfolk Broads.
- To find out more about Heritage Hideaways’ Norfolk and Suffolk holiday cottages, visit http://www.heritagehideaways.com, tel 01502 578278.
- Marie Curie Cancer Care provides high-quality nursing, totally free, to give terminally ill cancer patients the choice of dying at home supported by their families.
- Marie Curie Cancer Care is one of the UK’s largest charities. Employing more than 2,700 nurses, doctors and other healthcare professionals, it expects to provide care to around 27,000 terminally ill patients in the community and in its 10 hospices this year. The charity is the largest provider of hospice beds outside the NHS.
- Marie Curie Cancer Care’s services are provided totally free of charge to the patient - two thirds of the costs are paid for through the £115 million we need to raise this year and a third is covered by our partners in the NHS across the UK.
- To find out more about how you can get involved visit http://www.mariecurie.org.uk/events
- Phoenix Trading is the world’s number one direct-selling greeting card company with over 100 million cards sold worldwide to date.
- To order products from Phoenix Trading, visit http://www.phoenixtrading.com