Warren, RI (PRWEB) December 11, 2009
DonationWizard, provider of car donation programs for leading non-profit organizations, wants to remind people that car donations made prior to December 31, 2009 are eligible for 2009 tax deductions.
"With the holidays just around the corner and 2009 at a close many people are looking for ways to save on taxes. Car donations are a win-win for the charity and for the donor - at a critical time for both.", said Joseph Hearn, President, Advanced Remarketing Services.
Benefits for Charities - Car Donations Make It Possible For:
- Habitat for Humanity to build and rehabilitate houses in partnership with families in need of a hand up, not a hand out. http://www.habitat.org/carsforhomes/
- Feed The Children to deliver food, medicine, clothing and other necessities to individuals, children and families who lack these essentials due to famine, war, poverty, or natural disaster. http://www.feedthechildren.org/site/PageServer?pagename=usw_vehicle_donations
- Arthritis Foundation, to help people take control of arthritis by providing public health education, pursuing public policy and legislation and conducting evidence-based programs. http://www.arthritis.org/autos-for-arthritis.php
- March of Dimes to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality. http://www.marchofdimes.com/howtohelp/646_49099.asp
- One Laptop Per Child to create educational opportunities for the world's poorest children. http://laptop.org/en/participate/ways-to-give.shtml#wtg4
For a full list of charity car donation programs visit http://www.donationwizard.com/charities.
Benefits for Car Donors:
- Much easier than trying to sell the car yourself.
- Eliminate costs of maintaining, registering, and insuring 0 car which you no longer need.
- Free vehicle pick-up/towing.
- Most Charities will take donated cars regardless of vehicle condition, running or not (this is a great way for people to get rid of cars that weren't eligible for Cash for Clunkers).
- Cars donated before December 31, 2009 will be eligible for 2009 tax deductions.
Car Donation Tips: http://www.donationwizard.com/tips
- Find a worthy charity - make sure the charity is an organization that is well known and trusted; otherwise the deduction may be challenged. http://www.charitynavigator.com
- Ask how much the charity will receive (how much of the gross proceeds will go back to the charity).
- Know the status of the charity. In order for donors to qualify for a tax deduction, the charity that receives the donated car must be an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) organization.
- Sign the title of the vehicle directly to the charity or their Agent (never leave the title blank)
Car Donation Tax Information: http://www.donationwizard.com/taxes
- IRS Publication 4303, A Donor's Guide to Car Donations
- Publication 526, Charitable Contributions
- Form 8283 Noncash Charitable Contributions
- IRS form 1098c for qualified donations of Motor Vehicles
Founded in 2006 in Warren, RI. DonationWizard is a service of Advanced Remarketing Services, Inc. (ARS). ARS provides innovative automotive recycling and remarketing solutions for nonprofit organizations, consumer markets and the automotive remarketing industry. DonationWizard returns 75% - 80% of the gross dollar raised by donated cars back to the charity - this amount is double what most car donation programs return. DonationWizard manages the car donation programs for national and regional charities, including: Habitat for Humanity, National Public Radio, Arthritis Foundation, March of Dimes, One Laptop Per Child, Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Foundation, Feed The Children and more. For a full list of charities visit http://www.donationwizard.com or call 888-709-2277.