Plainview, NY (Vocus) December 11, 2009
Fastrack Announces Enhancements to the Enterprise System for Infusion Pharmacy. FASTRACK INFUSION fully automates the Clinical and Business Operations of Home Infusion Providers.
- TPN Entry and Management - Fastrack is the only software solution to use the fully integrated BAXA TPN calculator. This gives our customers the ability to not only enter a TPN ingredient by ingredient, but also to enter by total calories, grams of protein or electrolytes. Our formulary is specific to each pharmacy and fully customizable, allowing for electrolyte pooling, specific gravity calculations and automatic loading of many of the various products’ intrinsic and attribute values.
- Variable Drug Strength Management - Only Fastrack has the ability to enter drug strength by lot number in an inventory management function. Our inventory features and link with Medispan®, allow for the identification of strength by lot on our inventory transfers functionality. This in turn allows for a specific selection of product strengths within our Prescription entry screens. The end result? Correct inventory for these high cost drugs, correct pricing for reimbursement and overall inventory control.
- Interfaces with Medispan® for current AWP and Package information, automated Drug Interaction checking and Patient Education Monographs including differentiation between pediatric and adult information, automatically based on the patient’s birth date.
- Automated Label production, Compounding Record Generation and Pharmacy Board Reporting mechanisms for all states.
- Automation of the Clinical Coordination and management of the patient, including Care Planning, Prescription, Ancillary Supply and Text templates.
- Electronic Patient Charting mechanisms, including Progress Notes and Diagnosis Codes by care episodes, HL7 interface capability with Hospital information systems and Point of Care technology.
- Perpetual Inventory Management and Lot Number Tracking including variable drug strength medications where strengths and lot numbers are tied together (i.e.: Recombinate) with the ability to run recall reports.
- Automated Back Order System for patient supplies and deliveries.
- Electronic Controlled Substance Reporting (where available).
- Automated Drug Billing Unit Calculations from Pharmacy dispensing to Reimbursement. Regardless of the dispensing unit in pharmacy, the Fastrack system will convert your drug bill quantities to any unit you specify, automatically!
- Automated Per diem Billing functionality for supplies and services. Based on contract pricing, the system will bundle supplies into one per diem charge automatically, and assign the appropriate S code for HIEC code billing compliancy. All of this based on the therapy and frequency attached to the prescription.
- Electronic Billing (Ansi 837) for batch billing claims and Online Adjudication (NCPDP) features for any carriers that accept real time billing at the time of dispensing that helps insure faster receipt of payments.
- Automated, user defined, Carrier Specific Hold Options that “scrub” your claims BEFORE they go out and are denied for payment.
- Collections features that let you determine the length of time you expect to get paid and then manage invoices that are past due, without having to wade through traditional A/R reports and hand pick old accounts.
- Accounts Receivable Management functionality that allows for the automated re-assignment of funds, adjustments and rebilling.
- Cross Over Billing Functionality as part of the Cash Receipts Posting process, so your billing staff and collections staff are not required to transfer balances manually.
- Coordinate nursing visits with supplies or Infusion deliveries.
- Equipment and Supply Management allows for billing and tracking of these items including reoccurring rentals utilizing features of Fastrack’s industry leading Home Medical Equipment Module.
- Patient Demographic, Medical and Medication History Management.
- Allergy and Drug Interaction Checking and Reporting
- Medication Profile Management
- Prescription, Supply and Text Templates
- Product Management, including: Perpetual Inventory Management, Lot Number Management, Rental Product History and Management
- Insurance Profile Management, including: Per Diem special Pricing Contract Management, Negotiated Patient Pricing Management, HIPPA S Code Management, Procedure Code Management and Billing Unit Calculations for Drug Reimbursement
- Ability to Bill for Medications by Dose, Billing Unit, or the Full Vial
- Manage AWP pricing at the product level, with options for calculations based on AWP in special pricing for Third Party payers
- User defined concentration specific entries for reconstruction of powdered medication products
- Ability to update specific portions of the Medispan records when performing AWP updates
- Ability to label and require prescription numbers for supply products with automated label printing functions in Supply Order entry screens
- User defined fields throughout the system provides the ability to capture virtually any information in either a drop down window format or in entry fields pre-defined by type; alpha, numeric, date field, or yes/no. This results in consistent data entry throughout the organization. Information accessible with the Crystal Report Writer. Ideal for tracking lab results and more.