San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) December 14, 2009
OPSWAT, Inc., a leading software development toolkit vendor, today announced that it has delivered one of its offerings to Continental Airlines. As part of this deal Continental has licensed the AppRemover uninstallation SDK to facilitate a replacement of their antivirus solutions. AppRemover will be configured to remove legacy solutions to ensure a clean installation of a replacement solution.
AppRemover has now seen successful deployments to a number of organizations including the University of Dayton and Catawba College. In addition, the product was licensed by antivirus vendor AVG Technologies to distribute as an important support tool.
AppRemover is a software utility and SDK that enables the complete, silent uninstallation of security applications (from vendors like Symantec, McAfee and dozens of others) from any computer. This lightweight utility is a community-based tool that has been developed by OPSWAT Labs and shaped based on the feedback that OPSWAT receives from users. It offers myriad benefits to developers.
AppRemover has 3 available interfaces:
- A free, non-commercial application available at http://www.appremover.com
- A commercially brandable, feature-rich GUI similar to OPSWAT's free version
- A software development kit (SDK) that is aimed at helping IT managers and software engineers develop their own solutions. The SDK can be purchased as a command line interface (CLI), C++ or COM application programming interfaces (API)
When Should AppRemover be Used?
- When replacing one security application with another
- When a previous uninstallation has failed
- When you have forgotten or cannot access the application password
More information, including a brochure, is available at the product’s homepage. New releases are always announced at AppRemover blog. Informational videos appear on the OPSWAT media page.
Founded in 2002, OPSWAT provides software engineers and IT pros with development tools and data services to power manageability and security solutions. OPSWAT, Inc. created OESIS OK (http://www.oesisok.com), an industry-wide certification program that verifies the interoperability of endpoint security applications with products from market-leading technology vendors.