Lake Bluff, IL (PRWEB) December 14, 2009
A lovable Labrador Retriever is the hero of a new children's book that is now available, just in time for holiday gift giving.
"The Adventures of Harvey the Wonder Dog: Harvey the Hungry Dog" (http://www.theadventuresofharveythewonderdog.com/The_Adventures_of_Harvey_the_Wonder_Dog/Welcome.html) tells the story of a cape-wearing, Mini Cooper-driving, rawhide-devouring yellow Labrador Retriever and his highly spirited, charming romp through the first year of his life.
Through Harvey the Wonder Dog's somewhat misguided adventures, author Lise Dominique shares valuable lessons for children ages 3 to 8 years old, in a humorous and engaging way. Some of those lessons are:
- Exercise is fun, and it's fun to play outside at any time of the year. You can play in the snow in winter, in the creek in the spring, and in the yard with fireflies in the summer.
- Having friends is important. Harvey's dog friend is Karma.
- Eating too much of anything is not a good idea. When Harvey eats like crazy, he gets a tummy ache.
- Helping around the house is a nice thing to do. Harvey helps out by fetching the newspaper, and he earns his family's affection--and breakfast.
- Having patience is a good. Harvey likes to wait under the table while people eat, hoping for treats.
- There are consequences, both good and bad, to your behavior.
The hard-cover, 8 1/2 by 11-inch book features colorful illustrations by artist Chrissie Vales and comes with an audio CD of the book read by the author that assists with the learn-to-read process with a bark that signals when it's time to turn each page. By the end of this entertaining, beautifully illustrated book, every reader will understand what makes Harvey such a "wonder."
"Harvey is simply voracious for life, love and anything edible," said Dominique. "His adventures will entertain children and engage adults who read the book to them."
The author's inspiration was her own yellow Labrador Retriever, Harvey.
"The Adventures of Harvey the Wonder Dog: Harvey the Hungry Dog" is the first in a planned series of books. It is available to order at http://www.theadventuresofharveythewonderdog.com for $19.95. It will soon be available on Amazon.com, through Baker & Taylor and at select Barnes & Noble bookstores.
About Lise Dominique
Lise Dominique is a veteran radio broadcaster, voice-over actor and former pharmaceutical and corporate telecommunications sales professional. She has a bachelor of science in radio-TV from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. For more information about Lise, please visit http://www.lisedominique.com.
To request a book for media evaluation or to schedule an interview with Lise, contact her at 847-867-2735 or lisedominique(at)me.com.
"The Adventures of Harvey the Wonder Dog: Harvey the Hungry Dog," State Street Publishing, ISBN: 978-0-9760216-7-4.