New York, NY (PRWEB) December 11, 2009
Jamie Geller, Chief Foodie Officer for Kosher.com created 11 new healthy recipes to help you celebrate Chanukah in delicious style. Kosher.com is the world's largest online kosher supermarket, serving up speedy delivery paired with fresh culinary content.
Visit: http://bit.ly/6Xgk3m for more recipes.
For a twist on traditional jelly doughnuts, try these delicious Baked Sufganiot:
1 (1/4 ounce) package, rapid rise dry yeast
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup warm water
1 egg yolk
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup 1% milk warmed
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
3 tablespoons margarine or butter, cut into 9 pieces
3/ -1 cup strawberry jam
Confectioners' sugar for dusting
1. Dissolve the yeast with the 1 Tablespoon of the sugar in 1/4 cup warm water.
2. In a standing mixer with a paddle, beat egg yolk, egg, yeast mixture, 1/4 cup of sugar and milk.
3. With paddle going, add flour and salt.
4. Add margarine one piece at a time. Dough should be sticky but elastic.
5. Turn out dough onto floured surface. Knead once or twice. Shape into ball. Place in an oiled bowl, cover and place in a warm area for at least an hour or until dough is doubled.
6. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
7. Divide dough in half. With lightly oiled hands, take approximately 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into ball. Place on greased baking sheet.
8. Repeat with remaining dough placing balls 2 inches apart (about 12 balls per baking sheet). Cover with a kitchen or tea towel and let rise 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
9. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and let cool.
10. Place jam in a pastry bag fitted with a medium pastry tip or use a small zip lock type of bag fitted with a medium pastry tip. Pastry tips are available at most craft stores.
11. Press tip into doughnut and squeeze at least 1 teaspoon of jam into doughnut, or more if desired.
12. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve.
If you don't have a standing mixer, use a hand mixer for step 2 and beat the egg yolk, egg, yeast mixture, sugar and milk for about 1 minute. Knead the rest of the ingredients together by hand, first flour, then salt and the margarine one piece at a time and proceed with step 5.