San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) December 15, 2009
Mosio, an award winning mobile technologies company providing text messaging and mobile web solutions for businesses and organizations, today announced the launch of cooperative pricing and plans for its Text a Librarian text message reference software.
Built specifically for libraries on its easy-to-use, mobile carrier approved technology, Text a Librarian’s collaboration-friendly features enable virtual reference cooperatives to seamlessly integrate text messaging into their patron services.
“The ‘I got it’ function, question commenting and perma-linking features in Text a Librarian make collaboration between librarians simple. We’ve added a few elements to the backend of our technology to make it easy for multi-library virtual reference co-ops, backed by a dedicated support team when our customers have questions” says Noel Chandler, Co-Founder and CEO of Mosio.
“Text messaging is a personal form of communication. Many patrons often assume the librarian answering their text message question is at their branch. Text a Librarian’s cooperative solutions enable a librarian from any participating branch to maintain that personal touch by having access to pre-defined answer templates, auto-responders and quick links created by the patron’s library,” Chandler added.
Text a Librarian’s Cooperative Plans:
- Offer the same ease-of-use, secure web interface enabling libraries to get up and running quickly with little or no training.
- Include answer templates that can be created by each branch so any participating librarian can quickly respond to a particular branch’s frequently asked questions with minimal typing or searching.
- Enable each participating library to create their own auto-responder to let patrons know their question has been received or with additional branch-specific information, personalizing the experience.
- Are built on the existing Text a Librarian platform with slight modifications based on cooperative size, needs and goals.
- Let co-op managers run reports efficiently so they can see which library is getting the most use, what are the busiest times of the day and export transcripts for further analysis.
Whether a virtual reference co-op wants to offer 24/7 text messaging reference services or during specific office hours, Mosio’s Text a Librarian can accommodate and help library branches and systems achieve their mobile reference goals. For info, visit: http://www.textalibrarian.com/coopref
About Mosio’s Text a Librarian
Mosio's Text a Librarian was developed specifically for libraries by taking an award-winning mobile questions and answers technology and consulting with reference and patron services librarians to find out what would make it useful, accessible and affordable for libraries to use. Currently servicing patrons in over 250 libraries across the U.S. For more info, visit: http://www.textalibrarian.com