(PRWEB) December 15, 2009
As 2009 draws to a close Juniper Research has drawn up a list of predictions for the coming year, all neatly wrapped up as the top trends for the mobile and wireless industry for 2010. A report detailing the findings is available to download for free from the Juniper website from today. Surge of data traffic to put strain on 3G, finds new report available for free download from the Juniper Research website
Hampshire, UK: Tuesday, 15th December 2009 –As 2009 draws to a close Juniper Research has drawn up a list of predictions for the coming year, all neatly wrapped up as the top trends for the mobile and wireless industry for 2010. A report detailing the findings is available to download for free from the Juniper website from today.
Mobile Data Traffic Explosion to put strain on 3G Networks
The report looks forward at ten key areas that Juniper Research expects to develop significantly in the coming year. First off, soaring levels of data traffic could prove 2010 to be the year in which 3G networks come under heavy strain, largely due to some 33.8m iPhones sold, giving operators a genuine reason to charge premium rates for prioritised traffic.
Top Ten Wireless Predictions for 2010
Please see below for a full list of the top ten wireless predictions, with each prediction explained in more detail in the free report available to download from the Juniper Research website.
1. Mobile data traffic explosion to strain 3G Networks, spur data pricing overhaul
2. Mobile ecosystem starts to go green
3. Mobile heads for the cloud
4. New category of smartbooks to emerge
5. Apps stores all round
6. Mobile social networking to integrate with other applications including M-Commerce
7. NFC phones appear in the shops
8. At least 10 LTE networks to be launched into service
9. Smartphones to get augmented reality makeover
10. Christmas kindle sales expected to herald the rise of the connected embedded consumer devices
About Juniper Research
Juniper Research provides research and analytical services to the global hi-tech communications sector, providing consultancy, analyst reports and industry commentary.
For more information please contact:
T: +44(0)1256 830 002
E: john.levett (at) juniperresearch (dot)