“Our customers are eager to use this new procurement vehicle which makes access to these cloud solutions even easier,” said Craig P. Abod, Carahsoft president.
Reston, Virginia (PRWEB) December 17, 2009
Carahsoft Technology Corp., the trusted government IT solutions provider, today announced the availability of many of its partners’ solutions via Apps.Gov, a GSA-operated Web-based store front where federal agencies can purchase cloud-based IT services utilizing a month-to-month subscription or annual contract.
“Cloud computing is a proven, rapidly deployable, scalable, and extremely cost-effective way for agencies to implement IT solutions,” said Craig P. Abod, president of Carahsoft which is aligned with numerous strategic partners whose cloud computing applications are already being implemented successfully by government agencies. “Our customers are eager to use this new procurement vehicle which makes access to these cloud solutions even easier.”
Apps.Gov was launched in September 2009 by U.S. CIO Vivek Kundra as a key element of President Obama’s initiative to lower the cost of government operations while driving innovation within government. The online procurement vehicle features pre-approved software that is compliant with various federal policies.
Solutions currently available through Apps.Gov and Carahsoft are listed below.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Connect™ Pro: A scalable, highly customizable, extensible web conferencing solution
- Avue Technologies: Workforce optimization and management solutions
- ConnectSolutions Podium™: FISMA-compliant webcasting solution
- FortiusOne GeoIQ: Visual intelligence solution for securely organizing, visualizing, and analyzing data and maps
- HP Software: Business technology optimization and information management solutions
- Jive Software: Enterprise-class social business software
- Pentaho Corp.: Open source business intelligence capabilities
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux: The world’s leading open source application platform
- Revere Data LLC: Suite of commercial, off-the-shelf data feed, software, and index products
- SalesForce.Com Force.Com: Cloud platform for CRM
- VMware: Virtualized infrastructure solutions
Carahsoft has also submitted additional solutions to GSA. These will be made available via Apps.Gov as soon as they are approved for posting. For more information, visit Carahsoft Cloud Computing.
Carahsoft Technology Corp. is the trusted Government IT solutions provider, combining technological expertise with a thorough understanding of the government procurement process to help federal, state and local government agencies select and implement the best solution at the best possible value. As a top-ranked GSA Schedule Contract holder, Carahsoft is the largest government partner and serves as the master government aggregator for many of its best-of-breed vendors. The company’s dedicated Solutions Divisions support proactive sales, marketing and delivery of Symantec, Storage Solutions, VMware, Adobe, Open Source, HR, HP Software, Intelligence, and SAP.
Carahsoft is consistently recognized by its partners as a top revenue producer and is listed among the industry’s fastest growing firms by VAR Business, CRN, Inc., Washington Technology, and the Washington Business Journal. In 2009, Carahsoft was ranked among the top ten companies by total revenue on the Inc.500 list of privately held companies, and received the VAR Business Top Revenue Generator Award.
# # #