Beachwood, Ohio (PRWEB) December 19, 2009
WTI, a subsidiary of Tremco Incorporated, is the exclusive contractor for the state of Georgia’s recently announced Indefinite Quantity Construction Services Contract, known as EZIQC®.
The contract was awarded by the Georgia Department of Administrative Services (DOAS) State Purchasing Division to WTI through the National Joint Powers Alliance® (NJPA), a national municipal contracting agency. Through NJPA's EZIQC contract, all state, city, county and public education entities within the state of Georgia can quickly complete small to medium repair, maintenance and minor new construction projects through WTI.
Key benefits of the contract include:
- Immediate access to on-call construction services with response times of weeks versus months
- Typical cost savings of 8 percent – 15 percent by lower direct construction costs (less A&E design, fewer change orders/claims) and lower sourcing and administrative costs
- Avoids traditional, time-consuming design-bid-build process with average procurement time of 20 days from project identification to purchase order
- Competitive, firm fixed prices based on volume discounts. Pre-priced construction task catalogs prepared specifically for Georgia, encompassing all divisions of construction
- Web-based ordering system as simple as ordering from a catalog; only need a “project description” to get started
- EZIQC staff available for assistance through the entire process, from detailed scope development through proposal review and acceptance, at no additional cost
- Includes Georgia-specific standard construction terms and conditions, plus flexibility to incorporate additional terms and conditions at the project level
- Includes formal process to maximize utilization of local subcontractors
- No risk – EZIQC can be tried at no cost and no obligation
For terms and conditions, pricing information, distribution channels and specific information on how to use the contract, visit the Georgia Statewide Purchasing Contract Index Listing at http://ssl.doas.state.ga.us/PRSapp/PR_StateWide_contract_list_alpha.jsp. The contract is listed under Indefinite Quantity Construction (EZIQC®) Services. For more information, contact Wanda George, associate category manager, at wanda(dot)george(at)doas(dot)ga(dot)gov or call 404-651-9291.
WTI delivers turnkey construction services from expert discovery and on-site job supervision to ongoing preventive maintenance. With a specialty in the repair, renovation and replacement of the building envelope, WTI partners with subcontractors across all construction disciplines to meet owner preferences, including minority and small business procurement needs.
For more information, please visit http://www.wtiservices.com or call 1-800-892-1872.
# # #