Vernon, BC (PRWEB) December 20, 2009
Predator Ridge Resort has opened its doors for the winter and is ready to welcome families, large and small, to the resort this holiday season. Recent snowfall has transformed the rolling hills of the resort into a winter wonderland creating the perfect backdrop for the winter activities.
The resort is pleased to offer an outdoor skating rink, snowshoe and winter hiking trails, a family toboggan area, a community bonfire that is lit each evening and a new 5km cross country ski trail.
In addition to winter amenities, the resort is offering many activities throughout the holiday season. “Predator Ridge has a reputation as a great summer destination and creating activities for our guests and homeowners” says Thom Killingsworth, Director of Operations at Predator Ridge. “Now that we are committed to offering a year round resort experience, we have created a winter program that will allow our homeowners and guests to spend time with their families in the snow, create lasting memories and experience the beauty of the north Okanagan.”
Some of the upcoming activities at the resort include:
- December 20 – January 3 - the Family Activity Centre in the Predator Ridge Lodge is available to resort guests offering a variety of games and activities, including a nightly family movie.
- December 22 – December 24 at 5 p.m. – Cookies & milk will be available at bedtime in the Predator Ridge Lodge lobby
- December 23 at 6:30 p.m. – Santa Claus will read bedtime stories in the Great Room of the Predator Ridge Lodge for children of all ages. This is a free event open to all resort guests.
- December 24 from 12:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. – Guests staying at the resort may pick up a turkey dinner, complete with all the fixings and ready to put in the oven on Christmas Day. Turkey dinners must be pre-ordered at the time of booking and are available for $75 for a family of four.
- December 24 from 2:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. – Children of all ages are invited to decorate gingerbread in the Great Room of the Predator Ridge Lodge. This is a free event open to all resort guests.
- December 27 from 3:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. – The resort is hosting a Tobogganing and Ice Skating party. This is a free event open to all resort guests.
- December 28 and 30 from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. – The Fitness Centre will host Family Fun Night in the pool. The evening will be filled with fun activities, games and prizes and it open to all guests at the resort.
- December 31 from 6 p.m. until 10 p.m. – Family New Years Eve Celebration at the Fitness Centre. This family oriented event includes a barbeque dinner, games and prizes throughout the evening. Tickets are $20/adult, $15/child and $5 for kids under 5 and are available by calling the Fitness Centre.
- December 31 from 8 p.m. until 1 a.m. – The event that Predator Ridge has become famous for hosting, The New Years Eve Snowflake Gala includes an evening of gourmet dining, dancing and is an elegant way to ring in 2010. Tickets are $125 plus taxes and gratuities and are available from the front desk at the Predator Ridge Lodge.
Predator Ridge has put together a variety of Stay and Play packages at the resort this winter.
- The Very Merry Christmas Package includes three nights of accommodation in a luxurious two bedroom suite at the Predator Ridge Lodge. Suites include all the luxuries of home including a complete kitchen, fireplace, private balcony and a soaker tub. Prices start at $537 plus taxes for a family of four.
- The Winter Stay & Spa Package includes one night of accommodation in a luxurious one bedroom suite in the Predator Ridge Lodge and $75 towards any treatment at the Salon & Spa during the stay at the resort for $125 per person based on double occupancy.
- The Stay & Ski Family Package includes one night of accommodation in a two bedroom suite at the Predator Ridge Lodge and lift tickets for the family at Silver Star Mountain for $397.
All guests at the Predator Ridge Lodge enjoy complimentary use of the Predator Ridge Fitness Centre, including the indoor pool, hot tub, steam room and state of the art sports training facility.
About Predator Ridge Resort
Located in Vernon, BC, Predator Ridge Resort is an exceptional place to vacation or to call home. The 1,200-acre award-winning development boasts miles of natural wooded preserves ideal for hiking and biking. Literally steps away is the namesake golf course.
A full-service newly renovated Clubhouse, a Golf Performance Centre, a state-of-the-art fitness centre with a 25m indoor pool, outdoor pools, an AVEDA™ concept Salon & Spa, luxurious accommodation and a year round calendar of events and activities offer guests a variety of options on the resort in addition to its convenient access to lakes, ski hills and wineries. Wesbild Holdings Ltd. owns and operates Predator Ridge Resort.
For more information, visit http://www.predatorridge.com
# # #