"Consumers now have an unbiased tool to compare diet programs."
Tampa, FL (PRWEB) December 29, 2009
Marketdata Enterprises, the 30-year old market research firm has operated BestDietForMe.com since 2003, helping more than a million consumers find the best diet plan for their personal budget, food/exercise/counseling preferences, and lifestyle.
BestDietForMe has been one of the leading diet information websites on the Web since 2003, with 2,000+ pages of weight loss content and reviews. Visitors can even ask questions about diet programs and have them answered by their peers. It has been named a "Hot Site" by USA Today.
What's different about this Top 60 diet survey and analysis is that it's unbiased. Marketdata does NOT operate or sell any weight loss programs , nor is it funded by any diet company. There are roughly 60 safe and legitimate diet programs in the database, with detailed 3-5 page reports describing each one in detail.
"Many dieters today are confused by all the weight loss programs on the market. They're bombarded with exaggerated claims of rapid and easy weight loss and misleading claims about the true cost of programs. We created BestDietForMe seven years ago to address this problem and to protect consumers. Now, more than ever, it's important not to waste your money. Now's not the time to spend hundreds or thousands on the wrong diet plan for your needs.", according to John LaRosa, Business Development Manager.
Marketdata maintains and continuously updates a database of 60 of the most legitimate, proven and safe weight loss programs (medical, commercial, retail, do-it-yourself). When a person takes the online survey, the software narrows down the several best plans for you, based on how you answer the questions. The survey covers all critical areas: budget, food preferences, medical conditions, exercise, emotional eating, allergies, etc. Upon completion, the person's recommended diet programs appear, with links to in-depth reports describing the plans in detail (costs, how it works, company history, positives/negatives, website, phone).
Survey takers are also offered freebies and special offers by weight loss companies.
See the attachment for a sample page of the survey.
Marketdata also analyzes these survey results quarterly, tracking 112 measures. Here are some findings from our 3rd Quarter 2009 report:
- Dieter Budgets: An overwhelming 83% want to spend less than $500 on a weight loss program, with 69% wanting to spend under $250. Just 3.4% are willing to spend $1,500+
- 89% of online dieters are female and 22% have an average starting weight of 150-174 lbs. Another 19% weigh 175-199 and 40% weigh more than 200 lbs.
- Preferred Location: Fully 76% of dieting consumers favor a do-it-yourself plan accessed from home (website, phone), or use a diet book. Nearly 80% want self-directed counseling and 14.6% want a one-to-one approach.
- BMI (body mass index): 58.4% of dieters have a BMI of 30+, indicating they are obese. 29% have a BMI of 35+, meaning that they may be candidates for bariatric surgery.
- Food Plan: 59% of dieters prefer to use supermarket food, while 8.8% want pre-packaged or diet company food (i.e. Jenny Craig, NutriSystem, Weight Watchers). Another 4.5% want meal replacements (shakes, bars), and 26% have no preference.
- Psychological Support: At least 49% of dieters need some form of psychological support (managing eating triggers, controlling portion sizes, help with binge eating and dining out). 75% need emotional eating support. These figures are up from last year.
Top 60 Diet Quiz Now Available for Licensing
Previously, this Top 60 Diet Quiz has been available only on the BestDietForMe.com website. Marketdata is now making this unique diet tool available for licensing by a limited number of companies. The survey is sent via an automatic feed and Marketdata will create a co-branded page for the client. The licensee can surround the survey with its own ads, if desired.
If a company wants to sell products to weight conscious women and men, via their website, the Top 60 Diet Quiz tool offers the following:
- A proven value-added service for their members or website visitors.
- Instantly add useful weight loss content and [diet reviews and an interactive tool, by a respected weight loss market analyst.
- Create a new revenue stream to monetize website traffic.
- Keep visitors at their website longer.
"With 90% of BestDietForMe.com survey takers being female, overweight, and 31% having some medical conditions, this is a natural fit and marketing vehicle. Not only can a company instantly add an unbiased interactive weight loss tool and useful content to their website, but it can more than pay for itself and produce a profit. As a turnkey service, it's maintenance-free.", according to John LaRosa.
ABOUT BESTDIETFORME.COM and MARKETDATA
http://www.BestDietForMe.com is operated by Marketdata Enterprises, Inc., an independent market research firm and analyst of the U.S. weight loss industry since 1989. It also publishes market research studies and performs consulting. Contact Mr. LaRosa for Diet Quiz licensing details and a demo.
Other Weight Loss Products & Services Available:
- Pre-qualified, Opt-in, Dieter Sales Leads - New leads generated
daily from the BestDietForMe.com website.
- "The U.S. Weight Loss & Diet Control Market", Feb. 2009., 392 pp.
- "The Diet Food Delivery Services Market", Feb. 2009, 146 pp.
- "How To Start & Run A Profitable Weight Loss Business", Sept. 2009, 175 pp.