Denver, Colo. (PRWEB) December 24, 2009
Caddis Fly Software, LLC announced the launch of SnowBroadcast.com, a free, subscription-based snow enthusiast Web site delivering new snow alerts for resorts within the United States and Canada via email and cell phone text messaging. SnowBroadcast.com displays dynamic information about resort snowfall, events, map location, current and forecasted weather and Web cams so users become more intimate with their resort(s) of choice.
"I began developing Snowbroadcast.com a few years ago when I couldn't find a quality resource to monitor new snow across multiple resorts online," said Patrick Mackay, founder and chief executive officer of Caddis Fly Software. "My friends and I often chose what resorts to ride based on current conditions. SnowBroadcast.com is an excellent resource to find the best snow conditions. We hope to share our hard work and passion with other snow enthusiasts by increasing our user base by 5,000 users before the end of the 2009 – 2010 ski season."
The Snow Broadcast Web site incorporates features designed to give skiers, riders and snow enthusiasts information about their resort(s) of choice including:
- Sign up for "snow shouts" notification of new snowfall as it happens via e-mail, text messaging and online.
- Gives users and resorts ability to post skiing, riding and resort-related events.
- Create “rider logs”, publicly posted journal entries that allow users to track days on a mountain and post comments and photos.
- View Web-based camera feeds from resorts.
- Provides regional resort mapping so users can learn the location of resorts.
The Web site's features provide users an interactive experience that connects them to like-minded snow-sport enthusiasts and their resorts of choice. Caddis Fly plans to implement end-of-season features including social networking and mobile device applications.
Visit http://www.snowbroadcast.com to register for snow shouts and learn more.