Elmhurst, IL (PRWEB) December 28, 2009 -
Ambir Technology, Inc. (http://www.ambir.com), a manufacturer and marketer of digital capture products, today announced the general availability of its ImageScan Pro 490i duplex A4 ID Card and Document Scanner. The DS490 represents a step forward in scanner design with sharper imaging and improved card feeding. This makes scanning media like laminated ID cards and plastic cards with embossed characters fast and easy.
"The ImageScan Pro 490i was designed with the consumer in mind," said Mike O'Leary, CEO of Ambir Technology. "It has a compact footprint and USB connectivity, giving the user mobility and flexibility."
As with all Ambir Technology scanners, the new DS490 is TWAIN compliant. This means that any application program designed to work with the TWAIN protocol will work with this scanner, including many specialized applications within the healthcare industries.
- Scan Modes: 48-bit internally, outputs 24-bit true color 8-bit grayscale and 1-bit B&W
- Scan Speed: 7 seconds per single-sided page in B&W mode at 200dpi, 10 seconds per page duplex mode
- Scan Area: A4, maximum 8.5" x 14" (216mm x 355mm)
- Media Thickness: up to 1.0mm
- Interface: USB 2.0 (High Speed), no external power required
- Optical Resolution: up to 600dpi
- Image Sensor: Dual, linear color CMOS CIS (contact image sensor)
- Paper Sensor: mechanical
- Safety Standards: FCC Class B, CE
- Environmental Requirement: RoHS, WEEE
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 12.2" x 2.6" x 2.1" (309mm x 66mm x 53mm)
- Weight: 20.7oz (588g)
The ImageScan Pro 490i is also available with Presto! Page Manager®, an imaging and document management software package.
Pricing and Availability
Available now, the ImageScan Pro 490i duplex ID card and document scanner has a retail cost of $349.95. It comes standard with a limited one-year parts and labor warranty. One and two year extended warranties also are available. For more information, visit http://www.ambir.com. For technical support, call 1-630-530-5400 option 3.
Founded in 2001, Ambir Technology, Inc. has proven to be an industry leader in digital capture products, providing hardware and software solutions for ID card and document management in business processes. Ambir products provide quick digital scan and capture of text and images from documents, IDs, photos and other printed materials. Ambir solutions are specifically designed to maximize workflow, increase productivity and improve data security to save time and reduce costs. The company strives to consistently bring the highest quality and innovative new products to market. Beyond its product quality, Ambir is distinguished by its commitment to partnering with solution providers, developers and end users to deliver the best solution to meet each customer's unique digital capture needs.
# # #