Denver, Colo. (PRWEB) December 25, 2009
The Center for Disease control estimates that at any given time two-thirds of all American adults are on a diet to either lose weight or prevent weight gain. Yet only 5 percent of these dieters will be successful at keeping the weight that they lost off. Surely many New Year’s resolution lists feature “lose weight” as the very first item.
The Simple Easy Diet explains why most diets do not result in permanent weight loss, and what the reader can do to change that. Penned by author and speaker Judy Zerafa, the book is the missing link in permanent weight loss success. Readers learn how to apply mental strategies to erase the contradictory subconscious images that eventually sabotage dieting success. The Simple Easy Diet also provides specific how-to’s for creating positive, supporting subconscious images, and has received dozens of positive reviews. Readers are praising Zerafa’s friendly style and her easy-to-apply tactics for achieving weight loss.
As a Denver Health Examiner for Examiner.com, Zerafa offered the book to fellow examiners for review, and received favorable reviews from everyone who responded. Several of the reviews can be viewed at: http://www.examiner.com/category-Simple_Easy_Diet.html. Comments included:
- “This novel approach to weight loss is worth having and worth sharing. It is that simple and easy.” (Savannah Health and Happiness Examiner, Shelley DuPont.)
- “The Simple Easy Diet book provides a new, fresh, honest outlook on how to achieve and sustain lasting weight loss.” (Baltimore Triathlon Examaminer, Laura LaChapelle.)
- I was pleased to find that the tools she presented in her book were not only new to me, but were clever and engaging!” (Portland Alternative Medicine Examiner, Heather Murlin.)
- “This book is superb in its approach and would be a welcome addition for anyone looking to lose weight and improve their self-image.” (Phoenix Home Fitness Examiner, Ginger Kuzo.)
“I wrote The Simple Easy Diet because of my strong motivation to help others out of the depression and anxiety surrounding the issue of weight,” says Zerafa. “I decided to publish it as an e-book so it is immediately accessible and affordable for anyone wishing to lose weight and keep it off permanently.”
Zerafa suggests these tips, adapted from her book, for getting through the holidays and starting the New Year off on a positive note with regards to your diet:
1. The success of any diet plan is directly tied to your attitude.
2. All thought produces a chemical reaction in your brain. Positive thoughts release endorphins that increase well-being. The endorphins you create with your positive thoughts support the success of your diet.
3. Act as if you have a slender, healthy body. When you do this, you will find yourself making choices that correspond with being slender and healthy.
4. Watch what you say when you talk to yourself! Everything you think or say about yourself creates an image in your subconscious mind. A negative subconscious image is the primary reason weight loss fails to be permanent.
Zerafa’s career as a well-respected speaker and author was launched in 1982, when her book Go For It! the first book on self-help for young people, was published. A feature in The Washington Post and an appearance by Zerafa on The Today Show helped Go For It! earn a spot on the Publisher’s Weekly bestseller list, where it remained for seven years.
After the success of Go For It!,, Zerafa spent three years studying the science of success, interviewing 35 recipients of the Horatio Alger Award. This award is given annually to Americans who began their lives with no advantages, but through their own initiative and determination have succeeded magnificently. While analyzing and transcribing these interviews, Zerafa identified seven specific attributes repeated in some combination by all of her interviewees. She then turned these attributes into a motivational seminar called The Seven Keys to Success Life Program, ™ a proven, step-by-step method based on the science of how the mind processes thoughts, generates attitude and creates habits.
Zerafa presents this program to a variety of audiences including corporate teams, professional organizations, educators, students and families. She has taught hundreds of thousands of people across the United States how to develop positive attitude as a permanent habit, erase and replace self-defeating subconscious images, and set and achieve goals through a highly effective use of creative imagination.
Over the years, attendees from Zerafa’s speaking engagements have asked her to write a book on how to apply The Seven Keys to Success Life Program specifically to weight loss. After extensive research and information-gathering on the topic of the mind and body connection, Zerafa wrote and published The Simple Easy Diet.
The Simple Easy Diet is available online at http://www.thesimpleeasydiet.com for only $9.95, and is accompanied by a 60-day money back guarantee. For more information on the GO FOR IT! Institute (formerly the GO FOR IT! Foundation) Zerafa created to motivate teachers, students and school districts across the country become their best, visit http://www.goforitfoundation.org.
Judy Zerafa is available for interviews and appearances. Please contact Lisa Cutter at 303.525.3602 to arrange.