Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) December 30, 2009
Robbins Brothers, http://www.robbinsbrothers.com, selects five out of hundreds of marriage proposals the company has either witnessed or helped customers plan and execute this year. In no particular order, some of the “best of” top picks include a fire station, a Santa Claus ring delivery and even a romantic “Will You Marry Me” at the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
Robbins Brothers’ Top 5 Marriage Proposals of 2009:
1. The Ultimate Random Act of Romance: Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Mark proposed to Katie at Panera Bread in Pasadena with the help of KTLA reporter Gayle Anderson and the Robbins Brothers Street Team. An unsuspecting Katie dined with her best friend that morning only to be “ambushed” by Mark with the sweetest marriage proposal ever, and a beautiful three-stone engagement ring.
2. Catalina Island Proposal: In May 2009, Alex proposed to his sweetie Alyssa on an intimate boat ride for two on the beautiful Catalina Island. His best friend captured it all on film and to this day the couple re-lives the precious memory.
3. A Proposal from Santa: It was a trick and no treat for Brenda Ruiz, a Brea, CA woman who discovered her missing engagement ring on Halloween. Santa Claus to the rescue! Brenda’s husband of 27 years, Ernie Ruiz, adorned himself in Santa attire and surprised his wife at work with a new Robbins Brothers ring. He even dropped to bended knee and asked her to marry him all over again. She said “yes!”
4. A “Hot” Fire Station Proposal: Mike Knobbe, reserve firefighter for the City of Vernon, enlisted the help of his colleagues to stage a fake call at the station while his girlfriend Christin received a tour. Mike stepped away for a while, but soon returned with lights and sirens on the ladder truck and a 23 ft. sign that read, “Will You Marry Me?”
5. Robin Thicke Concert Proposal: Making it a night to remember at the Los Angeles Nokia Theater, Antwan proposed to the love of his life Chanly at the Robin Thicke concert in May. “I felt Antwan pull me towards him and to my great surprise Robin Thicke called my name! I was in such disbelief I can’t recall my thoughts or facial expression,” exclaimed Chanly. “But Robin Thicke said loud and clear that there was something Antwan wanted to ask me.”
The Most Romantic Paris Proposal: In Winter ’08 Reggie proposed to Kim at possibly the most romantic place in the world: The Eiffel Tower in Paris, France. It was a gorgeous winter night and the tower was twinkling with lights. (Reggie & Kim’s marriage proposal can be seen in Robbins Brothers’ current TV commercial.)