Industry market segments have very unique needs
Ottawa, ON (PRWEB) September 08, 2009
Halogen Software today announced the industry’s first and only talent management suite designed specifically for the manufacturing sector. This new offering will enable manufacturers to execute strategic HR programs and meet industry requirements for efficiency and compliance. Halogen developed the solution based on industry best practices and significant experience from over 200 manufacturing customer implementations.
The competitive manufacturing environment demands companywide focus on productivity, efficiency and quality, and a workforce that is skilled, engaged and accountable. Many manufacturing organizations have implemented programs such as ISO 9001, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing to achieve operational excellence and drive performance and quality. These industry drivers are leading a number of manufacturers to implement strategic talent management programs that align with compliance standards and quality initiatives - automating processes such as employee appraisals, learning management, pay for performance and succession planning.
"Industry market segments have very unique needs," said Leighanne Levensaler, director of talent management research, Bersin & Associates. "Manufacturing is a particularly complex industry, and Halogen’s latest offering is well positioned to address the quality, productivity and compliance needs of this sector."
Halogen eAppraisal™ Manufacturing is built from the ground up to meet the specialized employee performance and talent management needs of the manufacturing industry. Each feature and function is based on extensive research and confirmed as an industry best practice. Specific features and benefits of Halogen's manufacturing specific talent management suite include:
- Easy compliance of ISO employee performance and training requirements. With the click of a mouse, development activities can be assigned to address a performance gap, and show proof of an employee's competency/ skills, and all the training they have attended
- Tracking certifications and licenses, including their expirations, with automated notifications.
- Support of Lean culture with a built-in library of Lean competencies
- Simple monitoring of new-hire performance. Users can conduct 30/60/90 day reviews to help establish a culture of accountability right from the start, and create a cumulative report of progress or lack of progress in performance.
- Quick implementation, with minimal effort. The Halogen solution is very intuitive, and includes manufacturing specific forms, competencies, comment helper text, development tips, and manufacturing specific e-learning courses from SkillSoft™.
- Better ability to manage and develop a high-performing workforce with informative dashboards and reports.
- Paperless appraisals for all employees. Organizations can overcome the issue of computer accessibility for production floor workers by collecting their performance review input and electronic signatures efficiently, right from their supervisor’s workstation.
"Halogen eAppraisal Manufacturing will help us engage our workforce and drive our quality initiatives, making us more competitive as a manufacturer and as an employer," said Frances Dunsmore, Human Resources Manager, GL&V Inc. USA, a leading global provider of technological solutions used in water treatment, recycling and purification, as well as in pulp and paper production.
About Halogen Software
Halogen Software is recognized as a market leader by industry analysts and is strongly endorsed by the thousands of HR professionals who use their talent management solutions. The company offers a complete suite of web-based products that automate, simplify and integrate performance appraisals, 360 degree feedback, compensation management, succession planning and learning management. Halogen’s offering makes HR best-practices accessible to companies of all sizes and its healthcare, financial services, manufacturing and professional services specific suites meet the unique needs of these industries. Halogen is consistently recognized by the industry and its customers for its exceptional implementation and support services. Halogen was named a leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for employee performance management software in 2009 and has won multiple awards for its corporate leadership and product innovation, including HR Technology Product of the Year. For more information, visit http://www.halogensoftware.com.
PR Consultant, Halogen Software
# # #