And as such, we are constantly looking for innovative and intelligent ways to help us maintain our award winning customer experience. Ethoca neatly augments our fraud management platform by adding a collaborative dimension to our checking process., This will improve our fraud protection and provide the additional benefit of reducing order processing time for our customers
(PRWEB) March 3, 2009
NEWS FACTS: Ethoca, the leader in collaborative fraud management, announced today that GAME Group's Online Business has joined the Global Fraud-Fighting Community powered by Ethoca. By adding Ethoca's collaborative approach to its current anti-fraud measures, GAME Group's online customers will benefit from both increased security and improved user-experience. By participating in a collaborative fraud management community that blends analysis of positive trading experiences alongside negative fraudulent experiences, GAME Group can enhance the existing customer experience by:
o Reducing the risk of genuine orders being incorrectly rejected.
o Reducing fraud related costs, allowing GAME Group to maintain a competitive price point
o Reducing delays in customer credit card acceptance.
o Helping maintain customer trust and solidarity.
- As with any business critical decision, the ability to draw on previous experience is imperative. Thanks to the growing number of e-commerce retailers joining the Global Fraud Fighting Community, and the resulting growth of its data pool, GAME Group will benefit from a more organic fraud protection management strategy that can only grow stronger over time. What's more, in sharing this anti-fraud responsibility with Ethoca, GAME Group can focus on what it does best; creating a quick, hassle free online shopping experience i.e. fewer time consuming and frustrating ID and info requests at checkout.
- In business since 1991, GAME Group is Europe's leading specialist online retailer of PC and video game products with more than 1,300 stores and a significant online presence that's set to grow extensively over the next 24 months.
- Since its inception as an online merchant, GAME Group has been at the forefront of protecting its customers from fraudulent transactions, taking the necessary steps from both a risk analysis and technological standpoint. Ethoca will become part of GAME Group's fraud management platform, alongside their existing identity verification and risk assessment technologies.
- Ethoca is driving collaboration for fraud management in e-commerce and other customer-not-present environments, including phone, fax or mail-order. By securely connecting its members to a collective pool of member-provided order experience information, Ethoca enables its members to make more informed decisions about their customer orders in a way that is efficient, effective and ethical, and in no way a competitive threat.
- "Outstanding customer service is at the core of our online propositions," said Alex Croft, MD of GAME Group Online Business. "And as such, we are constantly looking for innovative and intelligent ways to help us maintain our award winning customer experience. Ethoca neatly augments our fraud management platform by adding a collaborative dimension to our checking process., This will improve our fraud protection and provide the additional benefit of reducing order processing time for our customers,"
- "Each new member to the Global Fraud Fighting Community powered by Ethoca represents a new blow against the growing army of fraudsters," said Andre Edelbrock, Ethoca's CEO. "Adding a retailer with the presence of GAME is yet another leap in the right direction in the fight against fraud. As a leader in the online retail community, GAME will provide a boost to the community and surely spur others in the industry to join the cause."
Working in partnership with forward-thinking businesses, individuals and law enforcement, Ethoca is making e-commerce safer and more profitable by building and powering the Global Fraud Fighting Community.
To be more successful in combating fraud, companies must collaborate across and within industries by securely sharing transaction experiences in a way that is not a competitive threat. Ethoca enables businesses that operate in customer-not-present environments (Internet, phone, fax or mail) to make more informed decisions about their customer orders, by sharing order experience data in a way that is secure, automated, effective and ethical. Community members see reduced fraud, lower fraud-related costs, increased revenue from fewer wrongly rejected orders and improved customer experience.
EthocaTM is a registered trademark of Ethoca Limited. For more information about Ethoca visit http://www.ethoca.com.
About Game Group PLC:
GAME Group plc is Europe's leading specialist retailer of pc and video game products. The business started trading in 1991 from 11 stores in the UK, and has grown both organically and through acquisition to a 1,300+ store chain as at 10 January 2009. We operate stores in nine countries, supported by eCommerce websites. Following the successful acquisition of Gamestation in 2007, we operate in the UK market under the GAME and Gamestation brands - and as GAME in all other territories."