Video Conferencing: Polycom and TANDBERG vs. Skype
Solutionz Conferencing, Inc. announces the top reasons why you should choose high-end video conferencing solutions over run-of-the-mill, low-quality web-based desktop video applications.
Brentwood, CA (Vocus) January 14, 2010
Solutionz Conferencing, Inc., a leading total conferencing provider of video conferencing, audio visual integrations, managed services, and grant services, has announced why companies and other organizations should choose high-end video conferencing solutions over run-of-the-mill, low-quality web-based desktop video applications.
“We constantly have clients asking us why they should go with Polycom or TANDBERG video conferencing systems over a cheaper solution like Skype.” says Kirk Fernandez, CEO of Solutionz Conferencing, Inc. “The answer lies in quality, interoperability, and security concerns.”
To address the frequently asked question by clients, Solutionz has outlined the top reasons why organizations worldwide should choose high-end video conferencing solutions, such as Polycom or TANDBERG, over run-of-the-mill, low-quality web-based desktop video applications:
- Interoperability issue – High-end video conferencing systems allow for different manufacturer’s video conferencing equipment to be interoperable with each other (e.g., a Polycom system can connect to a TANDBERG system). With Skype, however, users are limited to only connecting with other Skype users.
- Video and Audio Simultaneous Calls – High-end video conferencing systems allow for some participants to be on the video call while others can dial into the call over audio only. Skype, however, requires all participants to connect through video (i.e., computers) only.
- Limited Growth – High-end video conferencing systems allow for an unlimited number of participants to join a call, thus assisting with an organization’s growth. Skype limits concurrent calls to 30 participants, making scalability an issue for growth.
- Audio Quality – High-end video conferencing systems offer a crisp, clear audio. Skype, however, lacks the crisp audio and echo canceller, and also even recommends the use of a headset.
- Video Quality – High-end video conferencing systems offer a sharp, clear video, with no lag time. Skype, however, lacks the video quality and due to the required network connection has a highly noticeable delay in the transfer of video and audio information.
- Security – High-end video conferencing solutions offer a highly secure network through the latest encryption methods that prevent the exchange of information over video from going into the wrong hands. Skype, however, does not have a security network, allowing for information to be leaked and compromised.
For more information on why your organization should go with Polycom or TANDBERG over web-based video conference applications, contact Solutionz at (888) 815-6128 or http://www.solutionzinc.com.
Solutionz Conferencing, Inc. is a nationwide total conferencing provider specializing in end-to-end video and voice communications, audio visual integration, managed services, and grant services, delivering the promise of face-to-face meetings regardless of distance.