Lotusphere, Orlando, FL (PRWEB) January 18, 2010
New versions of the award-winning Permessa Control! products were announced today by Permessa Corporation at Lotusphere in Orlando, Florida. These products enable enterprises to both lower costs and improve compliance with their mission-critical messaging systems. Permessa Email Control! won the 2009 Lotus Award for Best Tool or Utility and was a finalist for the prestigious 2009 IBM Beacon Award. Permessa IM Control! was a finalist for the 2009 Lotus Award for Best Collaboration product.
Permessa Email Control! v6 focuses on reducing operational costs, minimizing storage consumption and enabling compliance features within IBM Lotus Domino email systems. Some of the key new and enhanced features include the following:
- Maximizes the savings from the Lotus Domino Attachment & Object Service (DAOS) by checking nearly a dozen different critical properties. It properly measures both physical and logical storage use, which is difficult to accomplish with other tools. Additionally, Permessa Email Control! v6 helps identify and measure the impact of all of the DAOS settings.
- Adds compliance features. It can block messages in real-time and can send notices to the affected parties. It also can automatically add branding, disclaimers, and other text and images to messages that can vary by key criteria, such as location, sender’s language and organization unit.
- V6 also boasts significantly improved performance, native 64-bit Domino support, and support for Windows 7 and Linux, in addition to other Windows versions, AIX and Solaris.
These new features are in addition to Permessa Email Control!’s comprehensive and easy-to-use IBM Lotus Domino reports, email tracking and in-depth log analysis. IT managers and Domino administrators can gain a complete understanding of their IBM Lotus Domino messaging environment with specific, actionable recommendations to lower operating costs by up to 40% without sacrificing service quality.
Permessa IM Control! v6 focuses on reliability and compliance enforcement for all instant messaging services, including IM chat, electronic meetings, whiteboard sharing and buddy lists. Some of the new and enhanced features include the following:
- Enforces corporate and compliance polices in real-time. Can block communications based on who participates and keyword phrases, likely pattern matches or attachment types.
- Inserts highly customized disclaimers and branding capability designed for enterprises using Lotus Sametime. For example, the system can automatically select an appropriate disclaimer and branding based on sender attributes and metadata, such as language, location, and organizational unit.
- V6 also extends monitoring support to Lotus Sametime Advanced and the Lotus Sametime gateway.
- Archives chats in high fidelity, including pasted graphics, emoticons and explicit file transfers.
Permessa IM Control! already offers extensive reliability testing for Lotus Sametime users. Synthetic transactions continually test each IM service for reliability and performance in order to identify problems before they arise. It also provides dozens of detailed user, activity level, productivity, topology, security and chargeback reports.
“Permessa’s IBM Lotus know-how is based on 15 years of experience with leading enterprises, including JPMorgan Chase, HSBC, ABN AMRO Bank, Zurich Financial Services, IBM, CSC, Henkel, Novartis, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Schering, Linde Gas and GlaxoSmithKline,” said Stefan Mehlhorn, Permessa CEO.
About Permessa Corporation
Permessa Corporation (formerly DYS Analytics, Inc., http://www.permessa.com) delivers enterprise-grade products and services that reduce costs, improve service quality, and enforce compliance and business policies for today’s top enterprise messaging platforms, including IBM Lotus Notes, Domino, Sametime, Quickr, and Microsoft Exchange. For 15 years, the world’s leading enterprises have selected Permessa’s highly flexible, scalable solutions. Permessa customers include major Global 1000 corporations such as JPMorgan Chase, HSBC, ABN AMRO Bank, Zurich Financial Services, IBM, CSC, Henkel, Novartis, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and Linde Gas. For information about our products and services, visit http://www.permessa.com or send an email to questions(at)permessa(dot)com.
Copyright © 2010 Permessa Corporation. All rights reserved. Permessa is a registered trademark of Permessa Corporation. Permessa Email Control!, Permessa IM Control!, Permessa Collaboration Control! and Permessa Replication Control! are trademarks of Permessa Corporation. Other marks are registered trademarks, trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
# # #