Augmented Reality Event (ARE), is the first global conference dedicated to advancing the business of augmented reality
Past News ReleasesRSS
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) January 19, 2010
Augmented Reality Event (ARE), announced today that the first global conference dedicated to advancing the business of augmented reality will be held at Santa Clara Convention Center, June 2 - 3, 2010. The activities will be kicked off by a highly anticipated keynote from the “augmented reality prophet,” world-renowned author, futurist, editor and critic, Bruce Sterling.
Start-ups, developers, mobile and hardware companies along with organizations within entertainment, media, education, healthcare, government, tourism, and many more, will gather to focus on evolving the much hyped technology into a productive, sustainable and entertaining new medium. ARE will include more than 30 sessions organized into business, technology and production tracks, designed to address topics such as:
- current augmented reality market scope and what's expected in the next 5 years,
- latest augmented reality innovations, engines and tools,
- showcases and postmortems of landmark augmented reality projects
- how to fund and build a successful augmented reality start up,
- how to leverage augmented reality to advance your brand, attract and keep your customers, and
- how to build successful campaigns and products that will delight users.
The exhibition floor will showcase leading companies and products in augmented reality and will also host a career fair to help kick start the young industry. ARE is currently accepting submissions for speakers, demos, roundtables, and exhibitors.
“We are entering a new era where proximity based social networks and augmented reality will be one of our most important forms of communication,” said Sean Lowery, event director of ARE. “Having experienced and passionate leaders, who are at the epicenter of the augmented reality movement, ensures ARE will be a don’t miss event with valuable content focused on the latest innovations, business models and how to successfully bringing augmented reality to the market.”
ARE chairs include:
- Ori Inbar, author of the popular AR blog, Games Alfresco, and co-founder and CEO of Ogmento - developer and publisher of mobile augmented reality experiences;
- Tish Shute, technologist, developer, and founder of Ugotrade - a leading blog focused on augmented reality and the future of mobile social communications;
- whurley, founder of whurleyvision –UI/UX (user experience) research and development studio.
The Augmented Reality Consortium, a group of individuals and organizations who are actively involved in pioneering augmented reality research, application, design, and theory is also supporting development of ARE.
Exhibitor and sponsorship contact:
# # #