Several of the top 10 worldwide game developers are using Spawn Labs products.
Austin, TX (PRWEB) January 25, 2010
Spawn Labs, the developer of a new peer-to-peer cloud platform for video-intensive applications, today announced the commercial release and shipment of the Spawn HD-720 appliance. The Spawn HD-720 gives gamers the freedom to play their Xbox 360, Xbox, Playstation 3, Playstation 2, and Gamecube console video games – either alone or with friends, at home or on the road -- from a network-connected computer as if they were sitting in front of their console and TV.
Some of the most popular uses of the Spawn Labs products are:
- When at home, if someone else is watching the TV to which the game console is attached, the gamer can go to a different room in the house and play from a computer across their home network.
- When at home, a gamer can play a game on their console and TV, while one or more friends play together in the same multi-player game session from their homes on a computer across the Internet.
- When travelling, gamers can play games anywhere with a broadband Internet connection.
- When at home, a gamer can invite friends to watch live game play, in real-time across the Internet.
- Whether at home or on the road, the gamer can capture video clips of a game play session to watch and share with others.
”We are extremely excited to ship our first products to consumers,” said David Wilson, president and CEO of Spawn Labs. “Several of the top 10 worldwide game developers are using Spawn Labs products, and we are now also shipping a consumer version of the product into the mass market.”
The Spawn HD-720 is priced at US$199.95 for the consumer market, and is available for purchase by customers in the United States, Canada, and the European Union. Spawn Gamepad Adapters are used to enable remote play, with one adapter required per simultaneous remote player. One adapter is built into the Spawn HD-720. Additional external Spawn Gamepad Adapters for other remote players can be purchased for US$39.95 each. Customers may purchase these products from the Spawn Labs website.
”Spawn Labs’ peer-to-peer approach to cloud gaming is unique in comparison to other companies in this market,” said Peter Walker, founder and CTO of Spawn Labs. “Our approach adds value to existing consoles and game libraries in which gamers have invested, seamlessly extending these consoles and games with innovations in mobility, social game play, and content creation and sharing. We look forward to delivering more innovative applications and features that leverage this platform.”
For more information on the company and its products, or to place your order, visit the Spawn Labs website at http://www.spawnlabs.com.
About Spawn Labs
Spawn Labs develops a peer-to-peer cloud platform for video-intensive applications. The company’s first application for this platform gives gamers the freedom to play their console video games, alone or with friends, at home or on the road from any network-connected computer. The company also sells a private enterprise version of this solution to the world’s leading game developers for remote, real-time play and spectator access to console development kits. Spawn Labs is a private company headquartered in Austin, Texas.