Top Food Bloggers Create New Wisconsin Macaroni and Cheese Blog
30 top food bloggers create macaroni and cheese recipes for new blog, 30Days30WaysMacAndCheese.com.
Madison, WI (PRWEB) January 27, 2010
Ooey. Gooey. Warm. Comforting. All words that describe one of America’s favorite foods: macaroni and cheese. The combination of perfectly cooked pasta and a succulent cheese sauce is a match made in comfort food heaven.
Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board invited 30 of the country’s top food bloggers to create their own macaroni and cheese recipes using Wisconsin Cheese. The results are a cook’s dream – a collection of recipes that run the gamut of simple to sophisticated.
The new recipe blog, “30 Days, 30 Ways with Macaroni and Cheese,” celebrates the versatility and variety of Wisconsin Cheese. Each day, a different blogger will post her original macaroni and cheese recipe – more than 25 cheeses will be featured throughout the month!
Here’s a tasty sampling:
- Les Frères macaroni and cheese from My Vegetable Blog– a super-creamy dish paired with earthy mushrooms and white wine.
- A kid-friendly classic Cheddar macaroni and cheese with a red pepper volcano and dinosaur trees (broccoli) from the Spatulatta girls.
- An Italian-style macaroni and cheese using Fontiago, prosciutto, basil and parsley from Food Blogga.
- Sweet, dessert-like Macaroni and Cheese from She Simmers, made with spiced apples, brown sugar and Mascarpone Cheese.
for 30 recipes, gorgeous photos and more.
- In any given twelve-week period, approximately one-third of the U.S. population will eat macaroni and cheese at least once. About half of all children will eat macaroni and cheese in this time period.
- The most popular cheese used in macaroni and cheese recipes is Cheddar Cheese.
- Macaroni and cheese has remained on the list of America’s top ten comfort foods for decades.
- In 1993, Crayola named one of their crayon colors “macaroni and cheese.”
# # #