Keller Crescent’s CEO Bill Mitchell said: "The acquisition reinforces our existing healthcare strategy, which is to provide a full range of packaging solutions from top class and well placed facilities, in those markets which are key to our customers."
(PRWeb UK) February 2, 2010
Keller-Crescent Co., Inc., a Clondalkin Group Company, has acquired Lehigh Press located in Juncos, Puerto Rico. Lehigh Press manufactures labels, inserts and outserts and other packaging components, mainly for the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets.
According to Keller Crescent’s CEO Bill Mitchell, “This is a great acquisition for us as the Lehigh Press specializations in labels, inserts and outserts are a great fit with our existing Vega Alta operation in Puerto Rico, which has cartons as its core product. Combining these product offerings significantly expands our Puerto Rican customer service proposition.”
Mr. Mitchell went on to state, “Integration of the two businesses, including the management, operations and sales functions, will be carried out to streamline our service delivery to our customers. The acquisition reinforces our existing healthcare strategy, which is to provide a full range of packaging solutions from top class and well placed facilities, in those markets which are key to our customers. We have ambitious expansion plans in Puerto Rico. Acquiring Lehigh Press will help fast track the realization of these plans.”
Ron Salzano, President of Lehigh Press said, “All of us at Lehigh Press are excited about joining the Keller Crescent / Clondalkin organization because of the opportunities it presents to our clients and employees.”
“Keller Crescent’s addition of the Juncos facility strengthens our position as the leading supplier of secondary packaging products in North America and Puerto Rico,” states Joe Moynihan, CEO of Clondalkin Group North America, which is the parent company of Keller Crescent. “Our strength in pharmaceutical and healthcare secondary packaging is unrivaled. This acquisition complements our growth strategy; it is a clear signal of our commitment to our customers that we will service them in their local markets.”
Keller Crescent supplies printed pharmaceutical folding cartons, inserts and outserts, pharmaceutical labels, patient booklets, IV hanger labels, and several patented specialty products - including the latest in track-n-trace and e-pedigree technologies - to the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets. For more information, please visit http://www.kellercrescent.com.
Clondalkin Group is an internationally diversified specialist packaging group with over 40 separate manufacturing locations throughout North America and in 10 European countries and annual sales in excess of $1.2 billion. The Clondalkin Group pharmaceutical and healthcare businesses operate from 13 accredited production sites in the United States in North Carolina, Indiana, Connecticut, and Puerto Rico as well as in Europe, in Ireland, Spain, the United Kingdom and Poland. For more information, please visit http://www.clondalkin-group.com.
For further information, contact Joe Moynihan at + 1 215 440 0570.
- Clondalkin Group is an international producer of high value added packaging products and services with over 40 production locations in 10 different countries throughout Europe and North America and annual sales in excess of $1.2 billion.
- Clondalkin comprises of two divisions, the Flexible Packaging Division and Specialist Packaging Division, employing more than 4,000 people
- The Flexible Packaging Division, which represents 70% of sales, includes our foil and laminate businesses and plastic and polymer businesses
- The Flexible Packaging Division specializes in coated and laminated waxed papers and foils, pre-cut lids, polymer-based sheets, rolls, sleeves and bags with more than 20 production locations throughout Europe and North America including, Vaassen Flexible Packaging, Nyco, Chadwicks, AP Burt, LPF Packaging, Wentus, Van Der Windt Group, Cats-Hänsel, Accutech Films, Direct Plastics and Fortune Plastics
- The Specialist Packaging Division, which represents 30% of sales, includes our folding cartons, labels, leaflets, literature and inserts / outserts businesses and paper packaging and printing businesses
- The Specialist Packaging Division specializes in cartons, labels, leaflets and inserts, and has approximately 20 manufacturing sites in the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Spain, Poland, the United States and Puerto Rico and Ireland. These include well-known brands such as Boxes, Harlands, Ditone, Pharmagraphics Guy, Kenilworth Products, Cartonplex and Keller Crescent
- Clondalkin Group occupies leading positions in the following markets
o Pharmaceutical & Healthcare;
o Cosmetics & Toiletries;
o Food & Beverage;
o Biodegradable Packaging;
o Confectionery & Bakery;
o Agricultural & Horticultural; and
o Services & Leisure.
- Clondalkin Group has extensive experience in all packaging converting technologies including extrusion, metalizing, laminating, lacquering, printing and finishing and works with all the major packaging substrates including paper, board, plastics, foils and laminates
+ 1 215 440 0570