Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) February 8, 2010
16th Annual Wharton Health Care Business Conference to feature key leaders from The Permanente Federation, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and TriZetto
The 2010 Wharton Health Care Business Conference, an MBA-student organized event, will be held February 25-26 in Philadelphia. The dynamic two-day event will feature distinguished speakers and panelists from Healthcare Services, Investment, Pharma, Biotech, and Medical Device sectors. To register and learn more about the conference, visit http://www.whcbc.org.
Philadelphia, PA – The 2010 Wharton Health Care Business Conference, an MBA-student organized event, will be held February 25-26 at the Park Hyatt Hotel at the Bellevue in Philadelphia, PA. Distinguished speakers and panelists from across the health care industry include:
- Johnson Cochran – Executive Director, The Permanente Federation
- Howard Koh – Assistant Secretary for Health, US Department of Health and Human Services
- Jeff Margolis – Chairman, CEO, TriZetto
- Donald Rucker – VP, CMO, Siemens
- Sue Schade – VP, CIO, Brigham & Women’s Hospital
Discussion Panel Sessions offered include:
- What is the Next Business Model for the Pharma/Biotech Industry? – Featuring panelists from Merck, Eli Lilly, and Booz & Co.
- Finance: Lessons Learned for the New Challenges Ahead – Featuring panelists from Goldenridge Capital, Essex Woodlands Health Ventures, Bank of America and Healthcare Value Capital
- Impact of Health Care Reform: Industry Response – Featuring panelists from Kindred Healthcare, Cutler Healthcare Consulting, Marwood Group and Boston Consulting Group
- Medical Device Models for Delivering Exceptional Value – Featuring panelists from Deloitte Consulting, BD and Medtronic
- Life Science Venture Capital: Investments in a Time of Reform – Featuring panelists from SV Life Sceinces, Siemens Venture Capital and MPM Capital
Our Focus On Innovation Session will bring together promising start-ups and venture capitalists in a dynamic forum. This year’s advisory board includes investors from Polaris Venture Partners, SR One, Atlas Venture, Quaker Bioventures, Bio Advance, Novartis Venture Funds and Johnson & Johnson Development Corp.
About Wharton Health Care Business Conference
Now in its 16th year, the conference has grown to become a leading health care forum for industry professionals, policy makers academics, and students. The annual two-day event typically draws approximately 700 attendees from across the nation. Attendees represent a broad range of functions including Business Development, Marketing, Corporate Strategy, Finance, and Clinical. To register and learn more about the conference, visit http://www.whcbc.org.