MINNEAPOLIS, MN (PRWEB) February 4, 2010
Three young entrepreneurs, Chris Deaver, Patrick Tedjamulia, and Jetmir Hysi, are sharing the key to world-changing self improvement by launching Get in Their Shoes (http://www.getintheirshoes.org), the campaign to make career mentoring available to everyone. So far, Deaver, Tedjamulia, and Hysi recruited over 300 mentors (including former CEO Jack Welch, Spiderman creator Stan Lee, and master magician David Copperfield) and influenced people in over 90 different countries through the International Mentoring Network Organization, an official 501c3 non-profit.
“For the yet-to-be employed, the unemployed, the underemployed, or for those looking for an extreme career makeover, Get in Their Shoes is nothing less than a game-changer. It’s the perfect way to grow while powerfully, and selflessly impacting the world,” says Patrick Tedjamulia, co-Executive Director of the International Mentoring Network Organization (http://www.imno.org).
Stephen R. Covey, author of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People emphasized, “Get in Their Shoes is so practical, so inspiring, so uplifting, that you need to be part of this.”
Get in Their Shoes will be the longest running mentorship auction in history. Each mentorship auction will include a 30-minute mentorship over the phone with the specified Mentor. The following Mentorship Auctions will run on eBay on the listed dates (subject to change):
- Daniel Pink, New York Times bestselling author of Drive and A Whole New Mind: Feb. 1-10
- Caterina Fake, co-founder of Flickr: Feb. 8-17
- Fernando Aguirre, CEO and Chairman of Chiquita brands: Feb 15- 24
- Lawler Kang, author of Passion at Work: Feb 22-Mar.3
- Dave Logan, author of Tribal Leadership and The Three Laws of Performance: Mar. 1 – 10
- Chris Anderson, editor of Wired magazine and author of Free!: Mar. 8-17
- Charlene Li, founder of Altimeter Group and co-author of Groundswell: Mar. 15-24
- Stephan Roche, CEO of Kapitall: Mar. 22 – 31
- Dr. Clotaire Rapaille, author of The Culture Code: Mar. 29 – Apr. 7
- Geoff Colvin, Senior Editor, FORTUNE and author of Talent is Overrated: Apr. 5 - 14
- Robbie Vitrano, CEO of Trumpet Group: Apr. 12 – 21
- Jeff Hayzlett, CMO of Kodak: Apr. 19 – 28
- Jeffrey Veen, web design and development guru and co-founder of Adaptive Path: Apr. 26 – May. 5
- Aaron Magness, Director of Brand Marketing, Zappos: May 3 – 12
- Rafe Furst, entrepreneur, investor and business leader: May 10 – 19
All proceeds from the auction will go to IMNO, an official non-profit 501c3 organization, to help youth and aspiring leaders achieve full potential through mentoring.
The Get in Their Shoes Campaign was founded by IMNO, the International Mentoring Network Organization. IMNO is an official 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that gives help and direction for the career development of youth and aspiring professionals around the world through professional mentoring. IMNO encourages its members to interview successful professionals within their own communities. Members conduct interviews with mentors to not only develop their own careers, but to allow everyone else to learn from the mentor's knowledge and experience.
In addition, Individuals can access the IMNO web site to study the advice of successful professionals and apply the principles they learn in their own careers. This mentoring is provided to anyone, anytime, anywhere. For more information about IMNO and the Get in Their Shoes campaign, go to: http://www.imno.org and http://www.getintheirshoes.org.