(PRWEB) February 3, 2010
Pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare marketers have a new resource to look to for advice on marketing trends and learning for 2010. AdvanceMarketWoRx’ recently released free eBook titled “Best Learning Actions for Healthcare Marketers in 2010,” is the first of its kind to focus on helping pharma and healthcare marketers prepare for the year ahead by crystallizing the advice of a panel of experts.
Author of “Notes from the Back of the Book blog”, Ellen Hoenig Carlson, recognized voice in healthcare marketing says, “Entering the second decade of the 21st century, the imperative to take a human-centered approach in everything rings loud. This means getting inspired by people; especially those who share the condition which we seek to improve, and adopting a more collaborative and engaging orientation. Excelling in a patient-centered world requires that we observe and dialogue with customers in their real-life environments.”
Hoenig Carlson collaborated with 12 leading voices in healthcare and pharmacuetical marketing and communications to capture a breadth of thinking among industry experts. Each thought leader shared their reflections about where marketers might most benefit.
“The early response to the eBook has been very positive and we’re seeing continued interest as healthcare marketers dig into complex change. Social media, e-patients, consumers and healthcare organizations continue to converge online, and brands are challenged to find a new voice and new online roles,” Hoenig Carlson continued.
Six themes emerged from this unique collaboration of industry leaders:
1) e-Patients are at the center and critical to learning and design;
2) Authenticity isn’t a ‘nice to do’, but a ‘must have’;
3) Don’t get distracted by social media ‘bells and whistles’—remember the basics (especially SEO) and keep your brand core strong;
4) The ‘marketing cycle of life’ is going through unprecedented change requiring the industry to unlearn much—movement from paid marketing to earned marketing requires a different mindset and skills;
5) New marketing requires new ROI thinking…the ROI of connection, authenticity and compassion; and
6) Effective marketing and engagement requires new kinds of leadership skills.
The eBook includes contributions from the following leaders in pharmaceutical and health marketing:
1. Phil Baumann, Phil Baumann online blog, CareVocate Interactive Media Solutions, philbaumann.com/
2. Wendy Blackburn, ePharma Rx blog, Intouch Solutions, blog.intouchsol.com/
3. Adam Cohen, A Thousand Cuts blog, Rosetta Interactive, adamhcohen.com/
4. Dave DeBronkart, The New Life of e-Patient Dave blog, Society for Participatory Medicine, patientdave.blogspot.com/
5. Susannah Fox, Health Research for Pew Internet & American Life Project, pewinternet.org/topics/Health.aspx
6. Fard Johnmar, Path of the Blue Eye Project, Envision Consultancy, blog.pathoftheblueeye.com/
7. Angela Dunn, Odom Lewis blog and Executive Search in Healthcare Marketing, odomlewis.com/blog/
8. John Mack, Pharma Marketing blog, Editor-in-chief of Pharma Marketing News, pharmamkting.blogspot.com/
9. Jonathan Richman, Dose of Digital blog, Bridge Worldwide, doseofdigital.com/
10. Marsha Shenk, Thriving Enterprise blog, The Bestwork People, bestwork.biz/blog/
11. Andrew Spong, STweM blog and Consultancy, UK, stwem.com/
12. Steve Woodruff, Impactiviti blog and Consultancy, impactiviti.wordpress.com/
The eBook is posted on the AdvanceMarketWoRx site at: http://bit.ly/5kuxO5. Hoenig Carlson is also available on twitter at @ellenhoenig.
Hoenig Carlson’s record of growth and innovation includes two recognitions by Advertising Age Magazine as one of the US’ 50 Most Powerful Marketers. Her articles have appeared in DTC Perspectives, Med Ad News and PharmaExec.com. She also spoke at the FDA’s Risk Communication Advisory Panel in February, 2009 presenting, “How Neuroscience Learning Might Help Improve Risk and Benefit Communications.”
About Advance MarketWoRx:
Elegant Prescriptions for Leading Performance
Advance MarketWoRx http://www.advancemarketworx.com is an expert consultancy that simplifies the complexities of consumer and pharmaceutical marketing—forging elegant solutions for brand growth and profitability in a chaotic world. By asking the right questions at the right time, they operate as trusted advisors to those who want an extra edge for vital brands and portfolios - whether in the early-stage of development or at the end of product lifecycle. Drawing from decades of experience across more than 40 categories and markets in consumer, Over the Counter (OTC) and pharmaceutical marketing, US and global, extensive Direct–to–Consumer (DTC) work in both traditional and nontraditional venues, and thorough knowledge of the regulatory and product development process- Advance MarketWoRx works with brand teams and partners to plan and deliver elegant solutions that lead competitors and deliver brand growth and profitability.