To further this mission, we have created five separate webcast programs designed to educate small and mid-sized IT organizations about some of the most critical areas in data protection.
Columbia, SC (PRWEB) February 3, 2010
Unitrends (http://www.unitrends.com), the leader in affordable, heterogeneous disk-based data protection and backup appliances, today announced five new webcast seminar programs offering educational insight into successful backup and recovery strategies. The webcasts, to run each Tuesday and Thursday throughout the months of February and March will present on a range of topics designed to deliver tips and techniques for improved data protection success.
“At Unitrends, our goal is to help customers streamline their data protection needs while simplifying their IT operations,” said Dr. Mark Campbell, chief operating officer, Unitrends. “To further this mission, we have created five separate webcast programs designed to educate small and mid-sized IT organizations about some of the most critical areas in data protection.”
The five Unitrends webcast programs include:
- What Most Backup Vendors Don’t Want You to Know – there are always a few “secrets” in any industry – and the backup and restore business has its share. These secrets may be widely known within the industry but are less well-known outside of it. This webcast will show you how to get past the hype and focus on simply, reliably, and cost-effectively protecting your systems and data.
o This webcast program will be offered on February 2, February 16, March 2, March 16 and March 30 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
- Unitrends Backup Appliances Overview – What does Apple understand that others don’t? That vertical integration offers its customers both a superior experience as well as a lower overall total cost of operation and a higher return on investment. This webinar shows you all about how Unitrends D2D backup appliances offer an integrated, simple, and elegant solution for the heterogeneous backup of over 100 versions of operating systems and applications.
o This webcast program will be offered on February 4, February 25 and March 18 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
- The 7 Deadly Sins of Backup and Recovery – Learn about the most common missteps that organizations make in setting up disaster recovery or business system continuity plans. While there can be no guarantee of perfect success, avoiding these common mistakes vastly improves the odds that an organization will successfully sidestep the worst of the possible ramifications from the inevitable failures that will occur in any IT environment.
o This webcast program will be offered on Februay 9, February 23, March 9 and March 23 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
- Protecting Windows: Microsoft Exchange Server Data Protection – Unitrends’ new Release 4.2 Exchange agent supports Exchange 2010, 2007, and 2003 and offers the most recent data protection capabilities available for Exchange. This webinar will first present an overview of the Exchange data protection architecture provided by Microsoft and then explore the ways that Unitrends offers the best Exchange protection in the industry.
o This webcast program will be offered on February 11 and March 11 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
- Don’t Be a Puppet to Your Backup Strategy – Are you in control of your backup strategy or is your backup strategy in control of you? Backup, despite the breathless hyperbole of many in the industry, is simply a form of insurance. What’s important about your backup strategy is getting your systems and data protected in the most effective and affordable manner possible. This webinar shares the most common missteps that organizations make in setting up disaster recovery or business system continuity plans.
o This webcast program will be offered on February 18, March 4 and March 25 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
To register for an upcoming Unitrends webcast seminar, or to learn more about Unitrends’ family of disk-to-disk, heterogeneous backup appliances, please visit: http://www.unitrends.com/company_webinars.html.
Small and medium businesses have the same critical reliance on the integrity of their data as enterprises, but often can’t afford the operational expenditure of a dedicated staff or the capital expenditure of replacing their IT infrastructure. Unitrends provides enterprise-level data protection, at the lowest total cost of ownership in the industry, through a family of scalable disk-based data protection appliances that integrate and protect existing heterogeneous computer and storage systems through a single, intuitive, graphical user interface.
Unitrends uses a common backup and recovery engine for providing protection for over 100 different versions of operating systems and applications. This means you can support various versions of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware, Sun Solaris, Novell OES, Novell Netware, Novell GroupWise, Novell eDirectory, Linux, FreeBSD, Apple MacOS X, IBM pSeries/AIX, HP HP-UX, SCO UnixWare, SCO OpenServer, IBM iSeries/OS400, and SGI IRIX on notebooks, PCs, workstations, and servers and on DAS, NAS, or SAN storage – all using a single backup appliance.
Information about Unitrends can be found at http://www.unitrends.com.