Bozeman, MT (PRWEB) February 15, 2010
Direct filing or self filing allows U.S. importers to clear shipments with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) by submitting necessary data electronically. This capability is available through various system providers offering a direct link to CBP’s filing system Automated Broker Interface (ABI). One such provider, TRG Direct, offers a web-based Software as a Service (SaaS) for both Customs entry and Importer Security Filing.
TRG Direct launched a monthly User Group webinar in January 2009 after self filing became a more popular concept for importers to comply with CBP regulations. The User Group is facilitated by members of TRG Direct’s customer service team and is open to current direct filers as well as importers researching the system’s capabilities. Jamie Dinan, Systems Quality Assurance for TRG Direct, stated, “It all comes back to an infamous quote by our National Sales Manager: ‘Our system is a living, breathing application.’ We strive to keep our system of the highest quality and operating through the web allows us to that at no cost to our clients. Our User Group has produced countless ideas for increased functionality. We are thrilled to interface with our users.” http://www.trgdirect.com
TRG Direct just released the following changes to its clients:
Importer Security Filing Module:
1. Estimated Time of Lading (ETL) has been changed to Estimated Time of Departure (ETD). CBP discovered during the implementation phase of ISF that the timeliness of the ISF can not be determined by the ETL and is now measured by the ETD.
2. New sorting capability added. Users may now sort filed ISFs by the ETD.
3. Additional filters have been added on the ISF dashboard. You can now filter ISFs by Bill on File, Customs Status, and Status Color.
4. An Excel template upload function now allows users to complete an Excel spreadsheet, upload it into the user’s account, and transmit to CBP.
5. The Transaction Types (Compliant Transaction, Flexible Range, and Flexible Timing) are now available on the ISF Dashboard.
6. ISFs with Flexible Range and Flexible timing are now accepted with Warnings to remind filers to update the ISF 24 hours prior to arrival.
7. The transmission screen now includes an Incomplete ISF Email option. This allows importers to receive an email when they haven’t filed an ISF on time. (If the ETD entered on the ISF is approaching and it hasn’t been filed, an email will be sent to the email address entered.) http://www.trgdirect.com
About TRG Direct
TRG Direct is an importer direct-filing service. Over the past few years, TRG Direct has become the fastest-growing web-based solution for filing Customs entries in-house. TRG Direct provides a compliance-based solution that allows importers of various sizes to save thousands of dollars annually in outsourcing fees. Even though savings has been a significant factor in the decision for many importers to direct file, the increased supply chain visibility and U.S. Customs compliance are known to be two of the greatest benefits of TRG Direct. The company offers solutions for both customs entry and Importer Security Filing self-filing.