All You Need is Love (We Provide the Rest)
West Hollywood, CA (Vocus) February 5, 2010
From the classic to the irreverent, West Hollywood's restaurants and hotels are embracing the spirit of Valentine's Day with events and packages. Romantic repasts abound at some of L.A.'s hottest restaurants, including RH at the Andaz West Hollywood hotel. And those seeking something saucier might enjoy Zombie Prom at The Roxy Theatre.
Only in West Hollywood - located in the torrid heart of greater Los Angeles - will you find the notorious Sunset Strip, eclectic Santa Monica Boulevard (home of Southern California's premier gay scene), and The Avenues - the chic art and design district. West Hollywood is home to luxurious hotels and world-class dining, making for a perfect Valentine's Day weekend getaway.
Here are 14 ways to celebrate a classic love story, or write the first chapter of a new one:
1. Romantic Repast for Two at RH - Enjoy this special menu designed by Executive Chef Sebastien Archambault and his culinary team. Chef Archambault sets the scene for romance with his Southwestern French cuisine prepared with the finest artisanal ingredients. This menu is available February 12-14. (RH's standard menu is also available.) Sharing menu for two is $120 per couple excluding tax and gratuity. RH is located in the Andaz West Hollywood hotel. For reservations, call 323-785-6090.
2. Andaz West Hollywood - LOVE GOES AROUND - A hotel offer sent from heaven with special surprises and amenities. Available every day of the year, and Friday, February 12 through Sunday, February 14 is the perfect weekend for Love Goes Around. Package includes Andaz King Guestroom accommodation for two for one night, California sparkling rose wine with market fresh berries and Valrhona chocolates upon check-in, breakfast for two, and $100 hotel credit - guests’ choice to use perhaps toward couples massage on the pool deck or maybe a romantic Valentine’s dinner at RH. Starting at $265/night. http://www.westhollywood.andaz.com
3. Sunset Marquis Hotel and Villas – Valentine’s Day Package, “Retreat for Busy Parents” - This Valentine’s Day, you can play the hero by surprising your honey with a night to remember at the Sunset Marquis. Package includes professional babysitting for four hours for two children, breakfast in bed, one night in a deluxe one bedroom villa, an arrangement of dozen roses, two welcome drinks, and VIP access to Bar 1200. This offer is available Valentine’s Day weekend, Feb. 12-14 nights starting at $585. Add a couple's massage at SPA for an additional $200. http://www.sunsetmarquishotel.com
4. London West Hollywood – “From London with Love” package - British sophistication perfectly combines with classic Hollywood romance for the perfect retreat at The London West Hollywood. This package includes luxurious suite accommodations, romantic welcome amenity of champagne and specialty chocolates, bath basket and rose petals, continental breakfast for two in Boxwood Café or “breakfast in bed” via room service, and late check-out. Priced from $389 per night. Or, for a special Valentine’s Day splurge try “All You Need is Love (We Provide the Rest),” where the sky’s the limit – literally – with a delectable dinner in one of The London West Hollywood’s rooftop pool deck Cabanas, overlooking the city skylines. Package includes luxurious suite accommodations; romantic welcome amenity of champagne and specialty chocolates, bath basket and rose petals; Valentine’s Day Dinner within one of the hotel’s poolside Cabanas overlooking panoramic views of the city (includes three-course meal and bottle of champagne); continental breakfast for two in Boxwood Café or “breakfast in bed” via room service; and late check-out. This package is priced from $939 per night, based on double occupancy. http://www.TheLondonWestHollywood.com
5. Saint Motel’s Second Annual Zombie Prom - Celebrate the dark side of Valentine’s Day on Saturday, Feb. 13 with Saint Motel’s Zombie Prom at The Roxy Theatre on the world-famous Sunset Strip. Bloody drink specials and crowning of zombie prom king and queen. Tickets are $10 in advance. 310.278.9457 | http://www.theroxyonsunset.com
6. Le Parc Suites Hotel - Rekindle your romance with an uninterrupted night of privacy, luxury, and gourmet delights at Le Parc Suite Hotel. Retreat to this quiet West Hollywood hideaway for all of the charm of the city and none of the noise. Relax and unwind as the outstanding staff takes care of the details while you and your love concentrate on each other. Let Le Parc indulge you in some of your favorites with the new Romance Package: a warm and inviting Studio King Suite, decadent chocolate strawberries, a sweet and crisp bottle of champagne, two plush bathrobes (yours to keep), breakfast in bed, and a night without worry or interruption. From $299/night. http://www.leparcsuites.com.
7. Palihouse Holloway - Love and Pain, a Palihouse Valentine Package includes a classic suite with choice of a Palihouse Love Box or Palihouse Pain Box, and dinner for two at The Hall. Plus personalized gift shopping available with room. Starting at $745. http://www.palihouse.com/holloway.php.
8. Chamberlain - Amor, Amour, Amore - In any language, Chamberlain offers the sweetest Valentine's Day escape to touch the corazon of your beloved. Package includes romantic overnight accommodations in a Grand King Suite, a bottle of Prosecco upon arrival, and a four-course dinner for two with expert wine pairings at Bistro 1000 on Valentine's Day. Enjoy the bubbly by the cozy in-suite fireplace or head up to the rooftop pool deck for a toast overlooking the twinkling skyline. Package available from $435 plus room tax starting Friday, Feb. 12 – Monday, Feb. 15. http://www.chamberlainwesthollywood.com.
9. Mondrian Hotel in West Hollywood – February Romance Package - Package includes a bottle of champagne, $50 hotel credit per stay and service with the Romance Concierge. Valid February 7, 2010 through February 28, 2010. Starting from $335. http://www.mondrianhotel.com.
10. Petit Ermitage - Celebrate The Month of Love at Petit Ermitage! – An "Aphrodisiac Menu" offered each day in February, romantic films playing every Sunday of the month, and on Valentine’s Day the saltwater pool will be scented with rose essence and heated to 100 degrees! Indulgent hotel packages are also available, such as: L' Amoureux (The Lover) - Seduce your lover with accommodations in a Lovely Suite, including: hand-dipped white chocolate bananas and champagne presented in-suite upon arrival, one complimentary erotic film, an intimacy kit, one complimentary "Happy Ending" (a signature dessert) to be shared in the private rooftop club, breakfast for two in bed or from the lavish buffet in the English Garden, and 2 p.m. late check out. http://www.petitermitage.com
11. Le Montrose Suites - "Sunset & Romance" Package - Package includes accommodations in an Executive Suite with king bed, fireplace, and balcony; continental breakfast in-room; bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival; two complimentary bathrobes; one free Lodgenet movie during stay; and late checkout. Available Feb. 11-14 only, $329/night. http://www.lemontrose.com.
12. G. Love & Special Sauce at House of Blues Sunset Strip - House of Blues kicks off the weekend of love with funky, sloppy blues provided by G. Love & Special Sauce on Saturday, Feb. 13. Ticket Tickets are $22.50, and doors open at 7:30 p.m. Show is ages 18 and older. 323.848.5100 | http://www.hob.com.
13. “Perfect Pair” Spa Treatments at Agua Spa - Treat yourself to the "Perfect Pair" package, which includes two luxurious treatments: a 60 minute Agua Massage and 60 minute Agua Facial. The package is $275 per person. 323-848-6070 | http://www.mondrianhotel.com.
14. Valentine's Day at BLT Steak - Presenting a special multi-course menu Valentine’s Day weekend (Friday-Sunday) for $70 per person. Special menu includes complimentary sparkling wine and a special petit four. 310-360-1950 | http://www.bltsteak.com
For a complete list of events and dinners during Valentine’s Day weekend from restaurants such as Cecconi’s, Comme Ca, Katana, Taste on Melrose, and many more, visit http://www.visitwesthollywood.com.
About The West Hollywood Marketing & Visitors Bureau
Located at the foot of the Hollywood Hills in the heart of Los Angeles and just 1.9 square miles in size, the city of West Hollywood rivals the world’s most exciting travel destinations. Visitors can spend their days shopping in the colorful design district, lounging at a rooftop hotel pool, or visiting one of the area’s cultural attractions. And when the sun goes down, West Hollywood really heats up with world-class dining experiences and the legendary nightspots of The Sunset Strip and Santa Monica Blvd. The city’s small size and central location make it a friendly, walkable haven for travelers.
The West Hollywood Marketing & Visitors Bureau is a 501(c) non-profit organization dedicated to marketing the City of West Hollywood as a “living forward” visitor destination to business and leisure travelers by promoting awareness of the city’s unique location, image, businesses and industries and by providing support for the city’s economic development efforts. For more information on West Hollywood’s cutting edge businesses or to plan the ultimate getaway, please visit http://www.visitwesthollywood.com. For the latest offers and tips on living like a West Hollywood insider, visit http://www.WHinsiders.com.
Andy Keown, Director of Communications
Kristen Trzcinski, Media Manager