As the most recognized name in real estate, RE/MAX is seen as an influential industry leader and consumers rely upon our agents as trusted advisors
Denver, CO (Vocus) February 6, 2010
RE/MAX International, Inc., celebrated Founders Day on Jan. 30th - the day in 1973 that Dave and Gail Liniger co-founded the now international franchise real estate network - with marked appreciation for the road traveled in 2009. While the U.S. housing market struggled most of last year, RE/MAX sold 630 new franchises and launched in seven new countries, expanding its global footprint to more than 75 countries.
"We couldn’t be more proud of nearly four decades of accomplishments, and we’re just as proud of the success we saw in 2009,” said Margaret Kelly, Chief Executive Officer of RE/MAX International, who made several appearances on national television throughout the year as spokesperson for the industry. “The entire RE/MAX network went to work last year to help homeowners and homebuyers navigate some pretty difficult waters. RE/MAX agents committed themselves to education and training that gave them the expertise to deal with distressed properties, training that put them a step ahead of the competition.”
While RE/MAX agents were training in Short Sales and foreclosures, RE/MAX executives worked with policy makers in Washington to promote the extension/expansion of the Homebuyer Tax Credit and Short Sale reforms that analysts believe could fuel a stronger market rebound.
"As the most recognized name in real estate, RE/MAX is seen as an influential industry leader and consumers rely upon our agents as trusted advisors,” said Kelly.
For its success, RE/MAX International was recognized as the No. 1 real estate franchise in the 2009 Franchise Times Top 200, and was ranked in three separate categories in the Entrepreneur magazine “Franchise 500 Survey,” which has designated RE/MAX as the top real estate franchise for nine of the past 11 years.
RE/MAX marked other major milestones and successes:
- RE/MAX leads the industry with more than 58% of all Certified Distressed Property Experts (CDPE) in the U.S., certifying 10,000 RE/MAX agents in just nine months.
- RE/MAX launched a redesigned, more comprehensive version of its popular remax.com, which remains the most visited real estate franchise Web site.
- RE/MAX LeadStreet has connected seven million online consumers to RE/MAX agents.
- RE/MAX dominated national TV advertising, with a campaign that included the popular “straight-talk” commercials, featuring CEO Margaret Kelly, and reaching more viewers than all competitor ads combined. A new “straight-talk” series debuted this month.
- RE/MAX was again recognized as a Top Military Spouse Friendly Employer by Military Spouse Magazine and was also named by G.I. Jobs magazine as a “Top 100 Military Friendly Employer” and a “Top Military Friendly Franchise.”
- RE/MAX University registered over 10,000 Associates for comprehensive educational programming offered in 2009 – an impressive ‘first’ for the award-winning RE/MAX training and education platform.
- Despite the recession, RE/MAX continued local charitable efforts and fundraising through the company’s national sponsorship of the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® program and Children’s Miracle Network. RE/MAX offices and agents are closing in on the $100 million lifetime donor mark for Children’s Miracle Network, making RE/MAX one of only two organizations to ever reach such a milestone.
RE/MAX is ushering in 2010 with added momentum and will celebrate this year’s accomplishments with thousands of its agents from around the world at the 2010 RE/MAX International Convention in Orlando, Feb. 28 – March 3.
With expanded, internationally honored education, advanced technology and top-producing agents around the globe, RE/MAX is positioned for another record-setting year with much hope for a steady housing recovery.
About REMAX International, Inc.
RE/MAX was founded in 1973 by Dave and Gail Liniger. From a single office in Denver, Colorado, it has grown into a global network of nearly 100,000 Sales Associates in more than 75 countries, an international presence greater than any of its competitors. Nobody in the world sells more real estate than RE/MAX.
RE/MAX has been honored as the top real estate franchise in “The 2009 Franchise Times Top 200,” and has held the No. 1 position for 9 of the last 11 years in “The Franchise 500 Survey,” published by Entrepreneur magazine.
Today, all U.S. home listings in thousands of cities and towns can be found at http://www.remax.com, the most visited real estate franchise Web site. (ComScore, Jan.-Dec. 2009; Compete.com, Feb. 2008-Dec.2009; Hitwise, Jan.-Nov. 2009)
RE/MAX International is proud of its Premier Community Citizenship, which has raised over $100 million for deserving organizations such as Susan G. Komen for the Cure®, Children’s Miracle Network and The Sentinels of Freedom Foundation.
# # #