Reading, UK (PRWEB) February 8, 2010
Delivering on its vision to bring the mobile Internet to mass market devices, SurfKitchen today unveiled SurfKit Mobile Internet Platform 5.0. The new release extends support of smart browsers now available on smartphones, while also delivering greater sophistication in the management of on-device retail environments.
SurfKit Mobile Internet Platform 5.0 takes the proven and robust end-to-end SurfKitchen client-server platform, which has consistently delivered material commercial results in terms of increased usage and ARPU, and adds support for the emerging device runtimes and browsers on today’s smartphones. Supporting devices running Bondi, JIl, Flash and Web 2.0 browsers enables operators to rapidly deploy high quality storefronts to the broadest range of handsets, with a single infrastructure, without requiring specific client software to be pre-installed on devices.
“Until now, mobile operators had to choose between a mediocre user experience with limited investment on their part, or a rich user experience with a dedicated client. The SurfKit Mobile Internet Platform now bridges these worlds by allowing operators to provide the best user experience while benefiting from open standards on new smartphones, all within a single infrastructure,” said Dave Evans, chief technology officer, SurfKitchen.
SurfKit Mobile Internet Platform is designed to enable operators to deliver an intuitive and compelling experience to consumers across an unrivalled range of handsets. It provides operators with a sophisticated application storefront, an application launcher and a service creation environment, which enhance mobile application/service acquisition and usability across the broadest range of phones. Its main components are:
SurfKit Storefront (Powering Orange App Shop): An application store that streamlines the purchasing experience by providing a rich, operator branded on-device retail environment that:
- Enables users to easily discover, preview and purchase a broad range of applications and services.
- Seamlessly integrates with an operator’s existing content providers and platforms, including billing systems.
- Provides user segmentation, product bundling, and promotion management to ensure effective retailing.
- Instills user confidence by allowing subscribers to preview mobile Internet applications and services prior to purchase.
- Delivers actionable insights by providing detailed reporting and analytics that allow services to be refined and modified throughout their lifecycle.
- Delivers a storefront to a dedicated on-device client, or via the devices browser.
SurfKit Launcher (Powering TelstraOne): A single location for launching mobile applications and Internet services that:
- Gives operators the ability to create and manage their own set of customisable and updateable shortcut menus.
- Integrates seamlessly with SurfKit Storefront so that a purchased service appears automatically.
- Delivers an intuitive on-device experience that allows subscribers to customise their own experience and easily select and launch mobile applications and other Internet services.
- Enables operators to rapidly develop and deploy connected applications.
- Simplifies service creation through deep device integration and unparalleled cross-platform support.
- Enables in-life management and updates to ensure application content remains fresh and relevant.
New: SurfKit Cache: An on-device cache management solution that:
- Enables third-party applications to be updated transparently to the end user, utilizing the robust sync mechanisms of the SurfKitchen Solution
- Enables third-party applications to utilize the comprehensive subscriber management features of the SurfKitchen Solution including billing and segmentation.
“The last twelve months in the mobile industry have demonstrated that content choice and a great user experience are critical to the success of mobile data services,” said Michel Quazza, chief executive officer, SurfKitchen. “SurfKit Mobile Internet Platform delivers on these critical factors by allowing consumers to easily discover, purchase and enjoy a wide range of applications and Internet services on the phone of their choice. By combining easy-to-access applications and services with a compelling user experience on the broadest range of phones, SurfKit Mobile Internet Platform will significantly increase mobile data revenue for our mobile operator customers.”
To support integration and management of mobile Internet applications and services, SurfKit Mobile Internet Platform includes an advanced reporting platform and a sophisticated server solution. SurfKit Mediation provides operators with insightful business intelligence into the use of mobile content and services, while SurfKit Server supports integration into an operator’s infrastructure and provides a central control point for all SurfKitchen on-device applications.
For additional information including technical details on the new SurfKit Mobile Internet Platform, please visit http://www.surfkitchen.com.