Peterborough, UK (PRWEB) February 9, 2010
In a bid to buck the winter blues; Bennetts, the UK's number one for bike insurance**, is offering bikers the chance to cut the cost of being on the road in 2010. From 1st February Bennetts is giving motorcyclists twelve months insurance cover for the price of nine, meaning bikers across the UK can help shrug off the cold with a welcome 25% saving on their annual premium.
The '12 for 9' promotion kicks off a range of fantastic money-saving offers taking place throughout the year alongside Bennetts Exclusives - a range of events and biker benefits exclusive to Bennetts customers. If that isn't enough, independent research has shown that 60% of bikers could save money by insuring with Bennetts***.
Hannah Squirrell, Marketing Director of Bennetts says, "We wanted to start the year by giving something back to bikers, and how better to do that than offering them the chance to continue doing the thing that they love most, for less? We hope that by offering bikers twelve months motorbike insurance for the price of nine, we will help loosen the purse strings, and perhaps even encourage more people to take to two wheels in 2010."
Available until 30th April 2010, take advantage of the offer by calling 0800 975 9161 or log on to http://www.bennetts.co.uk/12for9 for more information.
*Terms & Conditions
1. Customers will automatically receive a 25% discount on their basic premium. Any additional products such as breakdown cover or any fees/charges are not included.
2. Where a policy is paid for by monthly instalments a deposit and 10 monthly instalments will still be payable and each instalment will be reduced to give a 25% discount of the basic premium.
3. Offer ends 30th April 2010
4. Offer only available to new customers purchasing their policy directly with Bennetts. Policies purchased via price comparison sites are not eligible for this offer.
5. Offer may be withdrawn at any time on reasonable notice.
6. The offer does not apply to any amendments made to the policy after purchase.
Offer only available to new customers who purchase a policy directly with Bennetts between 1st February and 30th April 2010. Customers will automatically receive a 25% discount on their basic premium. Additional products, fees and charges are not included. For full terms and conditions please visit bennetts.co.uk/12for9
**Based on brand tracking research in April 2009
***Based on independent online research from Consumer Intelligence during August 2009
For further information, contact details or photography please contact:
Corinna Field or Sophie Smallwood at Frank PR on 020 7693 6999
THE BACKGROUND TO BENNETTS
- Bennetts was established in Coventry by the Bennetts family in 1930 to provide insurance services to people throughout the West Midlands.
- In the early 1980's Bennetts decided to devise a number of specialist insurance schemes that would meet the needs of different types of biker. These schemes are constantly reviewed to give bikers the exact cover they need.
- In 2000 Bennetts was the first motorcycle insurance specialist to offer the ability to buy insurance online, through its website.
- In October 2001, the Bennetts brand was acquired by the BGL Group (formerly the Budget Group of Companies), through its purchase of the Dial Direct Group, a major UK car insurance intermediary.
- The BGL Group was established in 1992, and has grown to be the UK's third largest personal lines insurance intermediary, through a combination of organic growth and a series of major strategic acquisitions.
- The BGL Group now arranges and administers insurance for around 2.3 million customers with more than £600million GWP. It has contact centre operations in Peterborough, Coventry, Sunderland, Peterlee and Cape Town, South Africa. It currently employs over 2000 people and its head office is in Peterborough.
- In May 2003, Bennetts unveiled its new brand identity to the industry.
- Bennetts became personal sponsor of former World Superbike Champion Neil Hodgson in May 2003.
- In April 2009 independent brand tracking research identified Bennetts as the UK's number one brand for motorcycle insurance.
- In January 2005, Bennetts signed the biggest sponsorship deal in the history of the brand by becoming title sponsor of the 2005 Bennetts British Superbike Championship. Bennetts continued its sponsorship of the British Superbike Championship in 2006, 2007 and 2008.
- In June 2007, Bennetts became official series sponsor of the World Superbike Championship for the remainder of the 2007 championship and for the whole of the 2008 championship.
- Bennetts is personal sponsor of Moto GP contender and former World Superbike Champion James Toseland since July 2007.