Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) February 10, 2010
This Valentine’s Day season, many love-struck young men will “pop the question.” After the champagne and the celebrating, however, many cross-national couples and immigrant couples will face endless delays getting visas for their fiancé or spouse.
“This is truly tragic,” says Nikki Mehrpoo Jacobson, Attorney at Law, newly-elected Chair of the Immigration Law Committee at the Beverly Hills Bar Association and partner at Jacobson & Han LLP in Los Angeles. “Every couple who wants a loving marriage in the United States should have one…but this won’t matter if they can’t get through the endless piles of immigration paperwork. By knowing these six secrets about the immigration process, anyone can have a happier marriage.”
Here are immigration attorney Nikki Mehrpoo Jacobson’s six immigration secrets:
1. Why even couples who have a right to be in the U.S. can be denied a visa.
2. What you can do to expedite the visa petition process. Hint: file ALL the proper forms and documents, above and beyond the required documents.
3. Why you and your lover will still be waiting for a visa months after you’ve legally married.
4. What you can do as the U.S. Citizen spouse to support your loved one through this process.
5. What you can expect at the immigration or consulate interview.
6. When to ask for help.
Nikki Mehrpoo Jacobson, Chair of the Immigration Law Committee at the Beverly Hills Bar Association, is a committed immigration rights attorney and has been practicing law since 1997. Being an immigrant herself, her passion for law and her empathy for the plight of immigrants led her to be a founding partner of Jacobson & Han LLP and an Associate Professor of Law at West Los Angeles College. In addition to being very active in the American Immigration Lawyers Association, she is an Executive Member of the Immigration Law Section of the Los Angeles County Bar association and has represented individual and corporate clients from all walks of life.
Nikki Mehrpoo Jacobson, Esq. is a very motivated and enthusiastic Immigration Law Attorney who teaches people how to successfully navigate the ins and outs of the American legal system. To interview her, please call (213) 620-0222.
Jacobson and Han, LLP (213) 620-0222
510 West 6th Street, Suite 326; Los Angeles, CA 90014 http://www.GreenCard4You.com