Acton, MA (PRWEB) February 9, 2010
WheelsTV today announced that the seventh generation of the Honda Accord, 2003-2007, has been named 2010 WheelsTV POV of the Year. This year marks the inaugural year for this first of its kind award; recognizing the most outstanding pre-owned vehicle on the road today.
“With pre-owned vehicles outselling new by as much as four to one, we at WheelsTV feel that it’s essential to recognize automotive excellence that extends beyond the new car showroom to where the rubber literally meets the road,” said Jim Barisano, CEO of WheelsTV. “Every new car ultimately has to prove its worth through thousands of miles of driving and years of service. After careful consumer research, testing and deliberation, The WheelsTV panel of automotive writers and analysts are pleased to name the seventh generation Honda Accord The 2010 WheelsTV POV of the Year.”
Competition for the 2010 WheelsTV POV of the Year Award was fierce with European, Asian and Domestic makes narrowing the gaps in quality, safety and dependability. But, in the end, one pre-owned car came out on top. The 2003 to 2007 Accord with Honda’s three-liter V-6 engine has generated virtually no major consumer complaints while delivering peppy response and good fuel economy, hitting 30 miles per gallon on the highway.
The Accord’s ride is silky smooth. It’s also one of the safest mid-size sedans on the road with top ratings for frontal and side impact protection from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
WheelsTV’s writers and analysts test-drive hundreds of vehicles each year and conduct exhaustive consumer research which is used in video programs viewed by millions of consumers every day when shopping for cars and light trucks. This research is studied by the panel of judges when considering recipients of the 2010 WheelsTV POV of the Year Award.
The WheelsTV judging panel evaluates each vehicle using five key criteria:
- Dependabililty: Perhaps the most important vehicle attribute for every pre-owned vehicle owner is reliability. Can I depend on my vehicle to always get me where I want to go? How well will the vehicle stand up under regular use and with proper care? Will the vehicle cause me worries or will my ownership experience be trouble-free?
- Performance: How well does the engine, powertrain and suspension perform under all driving conditions? Does the vehicle have enough power to comfortably merge on to highways, cruise and pass comfortably?
- Safety: How well does the vehicle standup in crash tests? Is it equipped with the latest airbags, restraints and braking technology?
- Fuel Economy: How well does the vehicle perform in EPA mileage tests against vehicles of similar class, weight and engine size?
- Overall Build Quality: Every vehicle comes from the factory in top shape, but how well does the vehicle hold up in day-to-day use? Do squeaks and rattles develop? What breaks? What wears-out over time?
Contenders for the 2010 WheelsTV POV of the Year Award included a number of well-built models that offer good quality for the dollar. While Japanese automaker Honda took the award this year, domestic and European carmakers are constantly improving their products. Automakers with vehicles that can stand-up to years of wear and tear include entries from Ford, BMW, Nissan and Kia.
WheelsTV is the leader in providing video reports and reviews on new and pre-owned vehicles to web portals and cable VOD services.
With the inaugural 2010 WheelsTV POV of the Year Award, WheelsTV has focused its knowledge and behind-the-wheel experience to recognize and award vehicles that truly fulfill the promise of good, solid, reliable, safe and enjoyable motoring.
“The automobile is an essential element in the day-to-day lives of most Americans,” states Lehel Reeves, president of WheelsTV, “With Americans so reliant upon the automobile, we at WheelsTV are pleased to recognize the vehicle that our research and experience has shown provides the most dependable, enjoyable and trouble-free service. Our congratulations to American Honda for winning the 2010 WheelsTV POV of the Year Award with the 2003-2007 Honda Accord.”
WheelsTV (http://www.WheelsTVnetwork.com) is the first multi-platform television network in the U.S. devoted exclusively to consumers’ interests in cars, trucks and motorcycles—serving both the general audience and the enthusiast with a wide spectrum of vehicle-based entertainment, information and news. Top 200 Test Drives, 1:00 on One Vehicle Profiles and POV Reviews are the standards of excellence for independent automotive video reports and reviews. Distribution partners include MSN, AOL, Yahoo, JDPower.com, Vehix, AutoTrader, Comcast, Cablevision and Time Warner Cable.
WheelsTV is a program service of Automotive Networks Corporation, headquartered in Acton, Massachusetts. The network is dedicated to celebrating the beauty, action, fun, and excitement of the world’s love affair with the automobile.