There is great interest and demand for ‘green’/sustainable products and technologies
Westport, Connecticut (Vocus) February 10, 2010
A ray of optimism was evident in Orlando as the 2010 AHR Expo® far exceeded pre-show attendance estimates by attracting nearly 45,000 registered attendees.
The 28,582 registered visitors, a nearly eight percent increase from the 2005 AHR Expo in Orlando, set a new record for Southeast HVAC/R shows. They came from 120 different countries to see hundreds and hundreds innovative new products on display from 1,823 exhibiting companies from around the world. More than 200 companies were first-time exhibitors at AHR Expo.
Clay Stevens, president of International Exposition Company, which produces and manages the AHR Expo, attributed much of the Show’s success to an improving economy and the huge amount of valuable information offered at the Show in Orlando. “There is great interest and demand for ‘green’/sustainable products and technologies,” Stevens said. “Hundreds of exhibitors were featuring energy-efficient solutions and we offered a variety of educational sessions built around these interests.”
2010 Show Highlights
- Several ‘Green’ features and educational sessions
- The International Energy Agency sponsored, for the first time a workshop on ‘Solar Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration’
- LEED Half-Day Workshops, presented by the United States Green Building Council provided practical knowledge on how to be an essential and knowledgeable part of a LEED team and how to manage a LEED project from the first client meeting to final certification
- ENERGY STAR® - Your Customer's Path to Green, Sustainable Buildings, presented by the U.S. EPA's ENERGY STAR Program
- PM Live: Hydronic Design for Solar & Geothermal Heat Pump Systems, John Siegenthaler, Hydronics Editor of PM Magazine discussed the essentials of successful solar combisystem design
- The presentation of the AHR Expo Innovation Awards. Nine category-winners received the first place honor, while 32 companies were awarded ‘Honorable Mention.’ Danfoss won the AHR Expo Product of the Year Award for their Performer VSD, a variable speed compressor for residential use. A complete list of winners can be found at Innovation Award Winners
- Nearly $11,000 in entry fees from the 2010 AHR Expo Innovation Awards Competition was given to the Jacksonville Police Athletic League (JAXPAL) to help install a new HVAC control system
- Powering the Smart Grid with the LonWorks Technology and RF Wireless Technology, presented by LonMark Americas
- Introduction to Cloud Services for Buildings, presented by Ken Sinclair, Editor/Owner of http://www.automatedbuildings.com
2010 Show Quotes
Based on interviews with exhibitors and attendees, the AHR Expo exceeded expectations.
- Susan Samson, Marketing Manager with Superior Radiant Products said, “We chose AHR to introduce the Premier VS-VH high efficiency heating system because the Expo is recognized as North America’s most significant HVAC/R show. We consider this to be our best show yet!”
- “As a first-time exhibitor this was incredible for us. As a new company looking to meet customers, AHR Expo brings the largest and most knowledgeable crowds. This was a perfect fit,” said Ben Pierce, Customer Service Manager with Clean Alert.
- “The Show was great. We saw a lot more foot traffic in our booth especially local contractors and applied distributors. Our broad product displays and mini-vignettes really helped us tell the complete story of LG's offerings, for which we find AHR Expo to be the perfect venue,” exclaimed Kelly Cutchins, VP Commercial Air Conditioning with LG Electronics, Inc. USA
- Steve Hamlin, Sales Group Manager with Panasonic echoed what many said but added, “We heard from many attendees in our booth that our variable speed compressors are the ‘wave of the future’, and that to see the wave of the future you need to attend the AHR Expo. It’s the Show you want to have your products at if you want to be positioned for meeting the needs of the industry, now and going forward.”
The 2011 AHR Expo will be held in Las Vegas, January 31 – February 2, 2011.
General Photos from the 2010 AHR Expo are available at: http://www.oscareinzig.com/ahrpressroom2010
Innovation Award Photos can be found at: http://www.h-a-intl.info:8000/
Photos are located in the media kit photos folder inside the Innovation Awards Folder
ABOUT THE AHR EXPO
As the largest and most comprehensive HVAC/R exposition, the AHR Expo attracts tens of thousands of attendees from all facets of the industry, including contractors, engineers, dealers, distributors, wholesalers, OEMs, architects, builders, industrial plant operators, facility owners and managers, agents and reps.
Since 1930, the AHR Expo has been the HVAC/R professional’s best resource for new products, new ideas and new services. It’s a hands-on, interactive event that showcases a wide spectrum of equipment, systems, and components. This unique industry forum creates a dynamic marketing environment unequaled in size and scope by any other industry event.
The AHR Expo is produced and managed by International Exposition Company, 15 Franklin Street, Westport, CT 06880; telephone: 203-221-9232; fax: 203-221-9260; e-mail: info(at)ahrexpo(dot)com; website: http://www.ahrexpo.com.
312.332.4650 ext. 18