Abnormal test results due to a lack of preparation may result in a higher than necessary premium payment.
Wheeling, IL (PRWEB) February 15, 2010
AccuQuote, a leader in providing term life insurance quotes to people across the United States, provides life insurance exam tips to help consumers applying for life insurance coverage prepare for their paramedical exam.
When applying for an individually underwritten term life insurance policy, consumers are generally required to take a mandatory paramedical exam. A paramedical exam consists of questions about your health history, height and weight measurements, blood pressure and pulse, urine specimen and a possible blood sample. The confidential exam usually lasts no more than 30 minutes. Its results determine how much a consumer will pay for his or her life insurance coverage.
“Since the underwriting process depends highly on your exam results, it’s important to properly prepare so that you get the lowest rate possible,” says Bryon Udell, founder and CEO of AccuQuote. “Abnormal test results due to a lack of preparation may result in a higher than necessary premium payment.”
AccuQuote provides the following tips to help consumers prepare for their life insurance paramedical exam:
One week before the exam:
- Eat healthy by avoiding foods with high salt and sugar content
- Avoid high levels of stress
Three days before the exam:
- Avoid drinking alcohol for 72 hours before your exam. “If you do drink, your liver enzymes may elevate causing abnormal test results,” says Udell.
- Maintain a healthy diet
One day before the exam:
- Avoid caffeine products as they cause blood pressure to rise
- Do not take any pain medications
- Avoid strenuous exercise to avoid elevated protein levels in the urine
- Do not eat anything eight to 10 hours before the exam
- Get a good night’s sleep
The morning of the exam:
- Do not eat breakfast
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol use of any kind
- Prepare a list of previously seen doctors with contact information
- Drink a glass of water to help collect a urine specimen
“These tips will help you achieve the best results possible,” says Udell. “For more questions about how to prepare for your paramedical exam, talk to your licensed life insurance agent or contact your medical examining service provider.”
AccuQuote helps consumers find the best values in term life insurance by combining instant online life insurance quotes with the personal service of unbiased life insurance professionals that can help answer questions, identify important issues, and make meaningful recommendations. The company offers consumers an extensive selection of life insurance options, including term life, whole life, and universal life, as well as selected annuities. The website has many handy insurance tools, including a life insurance needs calculator to help you figure out how much to buy, a glossary that explains industry terminology, a collection of articles that cover the basics about life insurance, and a blog which answers many questions about life insurance. For additional information or to get quotes for cheap term life insurance, please call 1-888-314-4455.