New York (PRWEB) February 11, 2010
Online couponing and cross-channel analytics platform provider RevTrax (http://www.RevTrax.com) announces its Fraud Blocker coupon fraud protection solution is saving retailers, restaurants and consumer packaged goods companies money by controlling the placement and excessive duplication and redemption of coupons with a web-based platform that does not require any type of consumer software installation.
"As many merchants are shifting to online promotions and couponing to drive in-store sales, marketers have to budget for a large amount of revenue lost due to fraud," said Jonathan Treiber, CEO of RevTrax. "Direct mail coupons, as an alternative, are also very costly. RevTrax Fraud Blocker provides the safest, most cost-effective way to promote a brand and drive in-store sales for a business."
As postal rates increase, many merchants are looking for ways to save money by supplementing direct mail efforts with secure emails, which are delivered in partnership between RevTrax and a merchant's email service provider.
"We have partnered with RevTrax to help us save money by ensuring that email promotions can be securely delivered to the desired recipient at a fraction of the cost via our email channel versus direct mail," said Mike Papai, vice president of marketing at Micro Center.
RevTrax's patent-pending Fraud Blocker technology includes several different features on the front-end and back-end to address and prevent specific coupon fraud scenarios from occurring - all without any type of consumer registration or software installation. The front-end solutions include:
- Print Limits: Limit the number of times each consumer can print a coupon.
- Direct to Print Tray: Consumers can click on an ad and have a coupon print without ever being visible on the screen, eliminating an additional step for the consumer.
- Anti Screen-Capture: RevTrax can prevent a fully formed coupon from being shown on a consumer's computer screen to prevent it from being screen captured and shared. The consumer only sees the full coupon in the print tray.
- Domain Security: Only approved media channels can serve the advertised coupon. If another party tries to copy a link and post it elsewhere, the link simply will not work.
- Single-Use Links: Marketers can prevent high-value email offers from being forwarded to unintended recipients with links that will only work once for the desired recipient and then deactivate.
- Digital Fence: Marketers can allow coupons to go viral in a limited geographic region, for example, 10 miles from a business location. Consumers outside of a given radius who click a coupon link will be prompted to sign up for the merchant's email club.
- Personalization: Each coupon can display the recipient's name or email address to prevent fraud.
- Watermarking: Watermarks can be printed on the background of the coupon to prevent manipulation of the coupon after it has been printed.
Fraud Blocker's optional back-end features include real-time point of sale fraud protection, ensuring that each printed coupon has a unique barcode or promo code that can only be used once. Other solutions for the back-end include a rules based system to customize RevTrax's technology to meet each merchant's needs as well as the ability to display on-screen error messages informing the employee as to why the coupon cannot be accepted.
Headquartered in New York City, RevTrax is a leading provider of technology solutions to help multi-channel merchants track the effectiveness of digital media on offline transactions. The RevTrax platform offers clients an unmatched ability to securely deliver, track, and optimize promotions across email, paid search, display, rich media, mobile and other digital media. Visit RevTrax online at http://www.RevTrax.com or call 1-866-996-TRAX (8729).
Kassie Barker (Dittoe PR for RevTrax) - 317.202.2280 x 11 or kassie(at)dittoepr(dot)com