3 Million Single Canadians Won't Watch the "2010 Winter Games" in Vancouver

According to recent statistics, almost 80% of all adult Canadians expect to spend some time watching the 2010 Games coverage. With almost 26 million over the age of 19 in Canada, this means that almost 20 million adults will be watching and following their favourite team or athlete. But what about the other 6 million? With over 50% of Canadians claiming to be single, this means there are over 3 million singles who will be left out of the social scene – simply because they are not interested in watching sports.

  • Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on LinkedInEmail a friend
“It’s tough to capture someone’s attention when they are waving the flag and cheering their favorite athlete on" says Copus

(PRWEB) February 12, 2010

80 percent of Canadians are admittedly glued to the TV – what about the other 20 percent?

At a time of the year when Canadians traditionally spend the evenings snuggled up, in from the cold and in front of the television, millions of single Canadians will be avoiding the TV for lack of interesting programming.

This may cause many Canadians to feel ostracized by the Olympic obsessed public – who eat, breathe and sleep all things Olympian – simply because they are not interested.

They may even feel that a trip to the local pub in search of some camaraderie or even romance would be wasted effort considering the only small talk taking place will be around the latest medal winner or the low scores awarded by a foreign judge.

“This is a tough enough time for singles”, says Patsy Copus, President of Singles Canada Ltd. Being single on Valentine’s Day can be a painful time – and a time when many will be seeking out good company. But when 80% of the population is focused on the television it is even harder to connect – especially if one doesn’t like sports or is not interested in ‘the games’.”

According to recent statistics, almost 80% of all adult Canadians expect to spend some time watching the 2010 Games coverage. With almost 26 million over the age of 19 in Canada, this means that almost 20 million adults will be watching following their favourite team or athlete. But what about the other 6 million?

With over 50% of Canadians claiming to be single, this means there are over 3 million singles who will be left out of the social scene – simply because they are not interested in watching sports.

“It’s tough to capture someone’s attention when they are waving the flag and cheering their favorite athlete on”, laughs Copus. “I encourage people not to give up – and suggest maybe now is a good time to turn to the internet. Chances are other like minded singles are feeling the same way and may be looking to find someone like themselves.”

Online dating sites, although already popular may seem even more attractive for those who just can’t muster up a cheer or wave the flag – giving them an opportunity to connect with others feeling the same way. If they are not interested in sports, two weeks can be a long time!

According to http://www.singlescanada.com over 1 million Canadian singles have found their match using their service. Copus believes there is no better time to go online and find your match. “If you aren’t into sports – chances are the people you might like to meet will have plenty of time to chat and meet up with you”.

“My service could be the survival kit singles will need to make it through the 2010 Winter Games and find other singles who are also looking for love”, said Copus as she posed for a photo holding one of the Olympic torches.

For more information on singles and dating during the Olympics please contact:.

Patsy Copus
President, CEO
Singles Canada Ltd.
http://www.singlescanada.com
705-431-5600

# # #


Contact

Attachments

Olympic torch 2010 Olympic Games in Vancouver Patsy Copus, founder of Singles Canada says "I Believe" and "Go for Gold" to all the athletes in Vancouver

Patsy Copus holds the Olympic Torch that came through Orillia, Ontario