Wichita, KS and Orlando, FL (PRWEB) February 15, 2010
Bold Software today announced findings from its third annual customer survey, with an expanded sample size and additional questions that provide compelling insight into the benefits of live chat to website owners. Results of the survey showed that 69 percent of all respondents cited live chat as critical to their business during the holiday season. And 27 percent of the e-commerce sites surveyed said that of those customers who engage with them in live chat, more than 40 percent will convert to an active lead or sale. For the third year in a row, the number of customers who say they are using live chat only as a customer service tool, shrank (31 percent, down from 37 percent in 2009).
“Time and time again, we’ve seen the hard evidence that human contact drives business,” stated Bold Software President and CEO Steve Castro-Miller. “Integrating communication tools such as live chat software into the website design facilitates the human interaction that people want. We are committed to conducting research on an ongoing basis in order to best understand live chat’s role in e-commerce, and this year’s customer survey yielded some fascinating facts about how important live chat is for our customers.”
Conducted in January 2010, Bold Software queried more than 400 customers about their experiences with live chat during the recent holiday shopping season.
- 69 percent cited live chat as critical during the holiday season, with about 33 percent citing live chat as “very critical” or “extremely critical.”
- For larger implementations (10 licenses or more), 86 percent cited live chat as critical during the holiday season, with 55 percent citing live chat as “extremely critical.”
- Website owners’ use of live chat continues to expand, with sites using live chat ONLY for customer service dropping again this year; 41 percent used live chat only for customer service in 2008, 37 percent used live chat for customer service alone in 2009, and that number is now down to 31 percent for the 2010 customer survey
- Of the e-commerce and lead generation sites surveyed, 25 percent said that they experienced a conversion rate among chatters of 40 percent or greater while 50 percent reported a conversion rate of 20 percent or more.
- 64 percent responded that live chat enabled them to deliver quality service in a cost-effective manner
- The majority (62 percent) cited live chat as a competitive advantage for them
“In reviewing the responses, we see that website owners continue to experience significant ROI when utilizing live chat,” continued Castro-Miller. “They’re expanding their use beyond customer service and realizing that it’s a cost effective way to drive a positive online experience. Customers often start off modestly and grow the implementation as they see benefits, increasing the number of pages where live chat appears, utilizing it for both sales and service, and offering proactive chat invitations.”
Transparent Language Gathers Useful Feedback for Website Redesign
Transparent Language, Inc., a leading provider of language learning software for the consumer, education, government, and corporate markets, sees opportunities for live chat far beyond customer service. The language learning software provider has been using BoldChat software since the summer of 2009. Initially, the company implemented live chat as a way to help its customers through the sales cycle.
“We realized that by enabling our people to carefully listen to site visitors’ questions and feedback through live chat, we could more efficiently gather this important information which we used to refine our website’s presentation and offering,” said Chuck McGonagle, General Manager at Transparent Language, Inc. “Thanks to the feedback secured through live chat, our sites now include better tools and information that make for a better user experience for our visitors.”
Website Design & Usability 2010 Conference
From February 15-17, 2010, Bold Software will be at Internet Retailer’s Website Design and Usability 2010 Conference at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress in Orlando, Florida. Stop by the booth #32 to learn more about Bold Software and its offerings.
About Bold Software:
Bold Software LLC, is a leading provider of world-class web communication tools designed to help businesses improve online support and increase sales. Using Bold Software’s live chat, click-to-call, email management, and active co-browsing tools, businesses can quickly and effectively engage visitors on their website. Bold Software sells a wide variety of competitively-priced products under the BoldChat, BoldCall, and BoldCCM brand names. Businesses of all sizes - from small proprietorships to large ecommerce enterprises – can provide more intelligent online customer interactions and close more sales using Bold Software solutions. The company is headquartered in Wichita, KS, with thousands of customers around the world including 3M, American Cancer Society, Corel, Dean & DeLuca, and ViewSonic. For more information about Bold Software, go to http://www.BoldSoft.com or call 1-866-753-9933.